corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » High Performance RAM

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author High Performance RAM
Doug

User status: Offline
15th Dec 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi.

I have some Reaper OCZ ram (2 x 2GB) and I have litterally just plugged them into my MOBO and let them be. Now I am pretty sure that they are not running at full potential!

MOBO is a Asus P5K-e.

I think I read somewhere that I need to up the voltage of something in order to give the RAM enough power? And something about Timings?

If I run CPU-Z I get the following info:

The image on the right is for one of the slots, its the same data for the other one.

What do I do as it looks like it is running at 400mhz which seems slower than a cripple thats just been given a dead leg.

Cheers
James_DT

User status: Offline
15th Dec 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

400MHz seems slow, but it's the bus speed that PC2-6400 runs at.
It's DDR, so it has a transfer speed of 800MHz (800 million transfers per second), and works on a 64bit bus, so can move 8bytes in a single transfer, so can transfer at upto 6400mb/sec (hence PC2-6400).
400MHz makes it seem slow, but it really isn't when put into the correct context.

New Poll