corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My corsa after it's 10mph rear end shunt

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My corsa after it's 10mph rear end shunt
wakey1512

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No pics as of yet but i do plan to take some tomorrow

Basically I rear ended a saab at 10mph, i posted a topic about it in the general chat section.. but its really fucked my car up for the tiny little chip on her back bumper

The bonnet was crumpled slightly at the front but enough for it to jam like fuck and not budge.. I managed to crowbar it off and fit a different bonnet from the scrappy for £15.

The bar under the bonnet with the chassis plate is bent enough for the bonnet to not locate properly, its twisted as well. Will a lot of elbow grease renew the bar to the position it needs to be in? Or will a new one have to be welded?

The lights have snapped at the plastics but I havent had to drive the car at night yet, the grill has also snapped off and the snap isnt clean so superglue might not be an option

The engine warning light also came on 5 minutes after the shunt, my car is an X reg and i believe the chip is missing for the paperclip test.. but the car drives near enough the same and the light remains on constantly

Pics will be up tomorrow
wakey1512

6th Nov 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for the late pics, havent had chance because of work

Jamie_Hastings1

6th Nov 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New crash bar and replace the slam panel job done.
wakey1512

6th Nov 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the slam panel hard to replace.. it looks welded to me and i dont have a grinder or a welder
Jamie_Hastings1

6th Nov 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just cut one from another corsa about where the bumper attaches but cut the new one a little longer and bolt it on.
wakey1512

6th Nov 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if the whole bar is twisted so that even the outer sections are bent? it took a beating tbh
wakey1512

7th Nov 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bumper bar = £10
Headlights = £15 each
And £100 to put a new slam bar on, wheras vauxhall were offering £500 for the whole lot

Bargin!
wakey1512

7th Nov 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's this clip for?

Also my fan jams on the o2 sensor so i unplugged it.. i dont get into any serious traffic on my 10 minute drive to work so should be ok
sand-eel

7th Nov 09 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

outside temp sensor I think.
AndyCorsaSport

8th Nov 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way its only chipped her bumper. Will be more damage underneath. Look at yours for example, all that damage, yet bumper looks fine!
Root

8th Nov 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's your outside temperature display mate, it appears on your MFD. The big plastic bit is a bracket to hold it in place, the bit of wire that comes from yer loom is just a plug and the bit it plugs into is the sensor
wakey1512

8th Nov 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shall superglue it where i think it goes.. my engine management light is deciding to turn off when it feels like it but the car drives no differently when its on or off, really dont know what it could be. The fan blade strikes the o2 sensor but i unplugged the fan

and andy, seriously its only a little chip. the saab dealer was confident that was the only damage and she signed an agreement with me that she is 100% satisfactory with the monies i paid her

[Edited on 08-11-2009 by wakey1512]
Root

21st Nov 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't superglue it mate, a bolt goes through the plastic and it sits upright on the metal bar below/in front of the rad.
STEvieXE

19th Dec 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so much bollocks in this post

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My corsa after it's 10mph rear end shunt 24 database queries in 0.0070741 seconds