corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fecked Gearbox?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fecked Gearbox?
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Dec 09 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This morning when driving to the missus house, I put it into third and put the foot down slightly, and felt 3rd gear physically move when doing so The same with 4th and 5th. Then when going from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd there's quite a loud bang. Oh, and it won't engage reverse I've got a short shifter fitted, so not sure if that linkage is buggered. Anyone had anything similar? F16 on a 20XE btw.
Fro

18th Dec 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Linkage is probabaly the best thing to check first to make sure it's not loose or anything, clutch cable alright aswell?
DaveyLC

18th Dec 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say move, do you mean the stick is moving in your hand? Engine/garbox mount issue?
Eck
Premium Member

19th Dec 09 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
When you say move, do you mean the stick is moving in your hand? Engine/garbox mount issue?

Aye the gear is moving in my hand. That's what I thought too. Fearing the worst I've not had a chance to check the mounts but will do that when it's light Tomorrow!
Richie

19th Dec 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened to me mate, not exact but similar.

Turned out my gearbox sump had been leaking and it run completely dry of oil
mac1976

19th Dec 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the linkage has moved mate
daine
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or you could fear the worst, sump`s leaked. sized box witch in turn has snaped a mount

New Poll