corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Moral dilema - UPDATED

Poll: Moral dilema - UPDATED
  A - phone them up and return the phone to its rigthfull owner
  B - keep the phone and flog it, see it as my payment

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Moral dilema - UPDATED
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
21st Dec 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep it , finders keepers
_Allan_

21st Dec 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try and find who the owners is tbh. You aint getting much for a battered LG.
ed

21st Dec 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I had a similar dilemma recently, found a wallet with loads of cards and £50 in it, did the right thing and handed it in to my boss ( I found the wallet in one of our courtesey cars) and the guy never even thanked me, no reward or anything. Makes me think twice about doing the right thing again.
You don't do things like that for reward, you just do it. Don't be so fucking selfish.
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
I had a similar dilemma recently, found a wallet with loads of cards and £50 in it, did the right thing and handed it in to my boss ( I found the wallet in one of our courtesey cars) and the guy never even thanked me, no reward or anything. Makes me think twice about doing the right thing again.
You don't do things like that for reward, you just do it. Don't be so fucking selfish.

I never did it for a reward but when you don't even get a thank you then it makes you think twice, if someone found my wallet with money and all my cards in I'd give them a reward for saving me a lot of hassle cancelling all my cards.
_Allan_

21st Dec 09 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'd at least have given £10-£20 for a pint or two if I'd have thought about the hassle of new cards and losing £50, as well as a thank you.

[Edited on 21-12-2009 by _Allan_]
Jamie-C

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:

I never did it for a reward but when you don't even get a thank you then it makes you think twice, if someone found my wallet with money and all my cards in I'd give them a reward for saving me a lot of hassle cancelling all my cards.

I'd just say thanks a lot to be honest. I wouldn't give them no reward. Maybe I'm just not very kind though
ed

Why can't people just do something without expecting a reward though. It's not your wallet/phone/whatever, if you find it try and give it back. Who gives a fuck if you don't get a reward.
ed

21st Dec 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you found a wallet and handed it to the Police, the only time you're going to hear anything more about it is if the person doesn't collect it in 30 days. Who cares, honestly, there is such thing as getting satisfaction from not being a pikey cunt.
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the lack of a thank you that annoyed me, it doesn't cost anything to be polite.
Liam B

21st Dec 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give it back, i was lucky last week when i lost my phone. The phone itself is shit, but it had a lot of contacts on it that i would of struggled to get hold of numbers again if i hadnt got it back, i rang it the next day and some good soul had handed it in to a shop, i was lucky!
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Dec 09 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give it back.

You probably won't get thanked but you'll know you did the right thing.

I gave a guy his car keys back years ago after he left them in the door of his car at the roadside. Not even so much as a 'nice one' for not stealing it.

I've given loads back, phones, wallets, a driving licence and also an E111 medical card. I actually got more satisfaction out of tracking down the owners are if there's not enough contact information in there.

I would want mine back even though a lot of people are too lazy/selfish to sort that out. It is your obligation.
DaveyLC

22nd Dec 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt be having a Moral dillema over the 'theft' of said phone but I would feel guilty as fuck about any wife/relative/husband of the owner who might be trying to get into contact with them.
adiohead

22nd Dec 09 at 01:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
best was a pint from the first guy who is not a very nice man (buisness man/crook/prick) only realised who it was when he was at the top of the hill and said who he was would have left him at the bottom had i known.

if you keep the phone then you're that crook!
a_j_mair

22nd Dec 09 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to see most would return it

well i actually phoned the guy yesterday before making this thread

did turn his phone back on and check for any pictures all the same

he just phoned me this morning and i met him down the street and returned his phone

Was a decent guy and offerred me a case of bud

declined the offer but was nice to be offerred

and to all the ones keeping it :wagging finger: tut tut
jaffa

22nd Dec 09 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one dude - wish the same would of happened to me!
Rob_Lee
Banned

22nd Dec 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good on you matey.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Moral dilema - UPDATED 23 database queries in 0.0146160 seconds