corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » frnt arb ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author frnt arb ?
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Dec 09 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen a guys post on a different foroum was still on a corsa b thought
he had a redtop not sure if it makes a diff?
but he removed the arb and said this actualy improve handling this makes a much sense to me as trying to get head off a snake
Nic Barnes

20th Dec 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

extra weight causes understeer. taking it over sort of gives more flex to provide a touch more grip. give it a try.
tom130691
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surly flex is bad in the long term
and mine is a 1.2 so not alot of weight at front

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by saxo_tom]
Nic Barnes

20th Dec 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah dont bother
tom130691
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weight of a arb cant make a difference
any better reasons?
Nic Barnes

20th Dec 09 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not the weight of the arb that its to do with
daine
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yoyr better off putting a combo on the front and a cav extra on the back this will make it handle better
c20letandy1988

21st Dec 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

combo ones are the same bud
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a proper anti-roll bar as such, it causes the inside wheel to lift on hard cornering which causes understeer. Without the arb both corners can work independently so you get a bit more body roll but both wheels stay on the road which cuts down on understeer.

I removed mine between two visits to Castle Combe this year and without it I managed an extra 7 mph top end compared to the previous time, doesn't sound much but 83-90mph is a fair difference in a 1.2
tom130691
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.2 max's at 95 on the satnav 97 on the dials lol so 7 more would take me over the 100 woooo lol

surely its only doing what a lower strut brace would do then
i was planning to get front upper and lower, aswell as a rear brace to reduce my understeer

[Edited on 21-12-2009 by saxo_tom]
Mike
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, didn't mean on top of the normal top end, I've had 102 on my sat nav but on the longest straight at castle combe, I managed to get upto 83 with the arb, before having to brake then without I managed 90 before having to brake.

Strut braces are more to stiffen the shell up so there's less flex, I've not got any braces on mine so I can't tell how much difference they make
Mieran

21st Dec 09 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you the same person from Sax-p that commented on my thread?

If you have standard suspension I wouldn't take it off, well you can if you want, it only takes a few mins but there is no point.

When you get aftermarket suspension try with and without and see what you prefer.
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 02:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate saxp ftw
i have -40 at front not sure it its just springs or springs and dampers ill have a butch next time i take wheels off
removing it then puting a lower strut surely would just put it bk as it was?
Mieran

22nd Dec 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to be putting a front lower strut brace to see what difference it makes.

I've always thought that arbs and strut braces do different things, not sure how correct that is though.
alan-g-w

22nd Dec 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made a thread on here not long ago about how I couldn't be arsed refitting mine when I changed my sump. Since doing it I've noticed that the turn in's much better, but the car feels a bit more 'loose' at high speed.
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the arb seems to stiffen the car and people remove it to alow more flew there for less understeer but puting a lower brace would stiffen it up again :S
Mike
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The brace stiffens the shell up, the suspension can still work independently
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill remove when i have a brace then lol

New Poll