corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Wide Angle Lenses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wide Angle Lenses
ed

User status: Offline
24th Dec 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd quite like a 10-20 or a 10-24 lens for my D40X. I've been looking around and think the choices are either Nikkor, Tameron or Sigma. My Dad has a Tameron zoom lens for his D3000 and I can't fault it much, but I don't really have anything else to compare it with.

Is it worth spending the extra money on the Nikkor stuff, or would I be able to get decent results with the cheaper lenses? Bearing in mind I'm still a beginner! I guess I'm falling into the main pitfall of the cheaper bodies, having to buy the more expensive AF-S lenses...

[Edited on 24-12-2009 by ed]
JonnyJ

24th Dec 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO you should always buy the best glass you can afford. So i always go for nikon lenses.

The 12-24 f4 is one of the best wide angles (barring the 14-24 2.8 but you are looking at well over a grand for that)

Its what im looking at for mine since my 18-70 decided to give up the ghost.

You also have the 10.5mm fisheye, which is a bit less versatile as you are restricted to the fisheye effect but its a fantastic lens that i highly recommend, 2.8 too.
ed

24th Dec 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not too keen on the fish eyes at the moment, maybe when I have a wide angle I'll think about it just because they aren't too versatile. I take sports, aviation and general scenery stuff.

Think I've got some saving up to do though
JonnyJ

24th Dec 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably go with the 12-24 then mate.

Looking at around £500+
Butler

24th Dec 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tokina do a cheapish 10mm, obviously you compromise quality with cheaper lenses but difference is quite minimal. Depends how bothered you are and if it really matters that much.
ed

24th Dec 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I'd rather get a second hand one looking at them. Might se what turns up on eBay

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Wide Angle Lenses 24 database queries in 0.1544800 seconds