corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b brake lines

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b brake lines
bruceyb

User status: Offline
18th Dec 09 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all,
just wondering if anyone has got any advice or pics how u have done it on how to run the lines. the car started off life as a gsi with abs, but iv ditched that and put discs on the rear, i also have got the splitter block that sits on the bolk head off another car jus wonderd how this splits them or is there a better way to split them? any help would be great.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Dec 09 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can use the standard mounting points up to the engine bay. What is the splitter off? I should be standard threads, not sure what pitch. When I did my Puma ones, I bought that part brand new from a motor factors when I got the pipe and unions.

Did have problem with the bias though. If it has ABS as standard it probably won't have a load proportioning valve on the rear axle so you may need to install a bias valve somewhere depending how it feels when you've fitted it.
bruceyb

18th Dec 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do well m8 the block is off a 1.4 corsa and fits were you said, the bias is on my mind tho, dnt no wever to use 1.4 rear regulators dnt no if that will be ok with the discs?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Dec 09 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The factory regulator is quite difficult to adjust, you might even run out of travel on the mount. An in-line one is the ideal solution but they're expensive and you would need to fabricate something to mount it in the engine bay somewhere if you're running the lines outside.
bruceyb

20th Dec 09 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one thanks for your help any one got any pics of how they have done theres?
daine
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they have a load valve even with ABS, other wise ABS would come on all the time when braking,
the difference is ABS is a diagonal split and normal is side to side
bruceyb

21st Dec 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers dint no that, so if i split them side to side wats the best way to bias them, or cud i split them front and back and run a bais vavle in the line to the rear?
daine
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 00:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the MK 3 astra had a load valve that like a ball bearing, it run`s forward when you brake and is mounted to the body, I will look into this and get back to you
bruceyb

22nd Dec 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k thanks do well!
bruceyb

25th Dec 09 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to keep askin but does any one have any pics on how they done there brake lines? wud be a big help!
Nic Barnes

25th Dec 09 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

supposed to run them, for example front right and rear left in same circuit, then obviously front left and rear right in the other circuit. most people dont seem to both doing it that way.

New Poll