corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » boxing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author boxing
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
20th Dec 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone do it on here?

i train now and then by myself as i have a punch bag etc in my garage/gym

just watching a few boxers i like on youtube tyson and roy jones juniour and its just crazy how much they move you and get you motivated..

i want to start taking it more seriously but just havnt got the go inside to actually do it, where do you guys get your motivation and urge to just get up and do it? need some help as i know i could be very good at boxing if i had the go in me..

J4M13

20th Dec 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You were wanting to train MMA the other day, id say before you get motivated you need to have a think what you want to do
On a serious note, just get down to a decent gym, im sure there will be one local to you somewhere fella.

Edit: and on the motivation side, i dont really get motivated, i just always want to improve and better myself in every way possible and training mma just happens to be one of them lol. I love training and its fun at the same time which keeps me going back.

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by J4M13]
Minty_Fresh

20th Dec 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the end result is to train doing cage fighting, but at this moment in time i best to get better at the one i train the most (boxing) and go from there..

but like i said above, i just need a little motivation and help to get my arse into gear and take it more seriously..

one of the main reasons aswell i want to start doing it more is to let out my anger..

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by mk4_boy]
J4M13

20th Dec 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair one. You just have to get yourself up and go mate, if you enjoy it then i dont see a problem?
Before i stopped training(lack of money) i was getting up at 8:30am to catch a bus to the station, then catching another bus at 9:30 which took 1hr 20mins to Bury then i had to wait around for an hour for my training session at 12-1pm then i wouldnt get home untill around 4pm then went straight to work till 10pm
and i did that twice a week, was abit of a blag but just loved that 1hr of training and that alone made me want to go. Will be getting back into training in january now i have a car again .
Is your boxing gym a fair distance?
One thing you could try is pay membership for a few months in advance or something if your gym does that, that way you know if you dont go then you are wasting your money haha.

Edit: Id be careful if you plan on competing in fights in an angry mood, you could very well get caught out . Training is a pretty good way to de stress though.

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by J4M13]
Minty_Fresh

20th Dec 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not looking at competing, just want to get my cardio better, let out my anger (as it builds up alot) and well just to be able to look after myself better (as thats some reasons for training)

i havnt actually joined a boxing gym yet mate, i said in my garage/gym, as my garage has been converted into a gym lol

theres a boxing gym about 10minute walk from me, £3 a session and the trainer there is bob dillion, he trained amir kahn and David Price (Oylmpic 2008 Bronze Medal Winner), hes a GB performance boxing coach..

just want to say im a little shy to just go into there and start on my own, but one i find my feet (which is very very fast im ok) thats the type of person i am, thats why i just need that urge tbh..
Laney

20th Dec 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get my motivation from training with World Champions and wanting a belt of my own.

Everyone begins somewhere and the first time in any boxing gym is unnerving. Get off your arse, stop making excuses and go fight hit things
Wrighty

20th Dec 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only train, i quite like it and love watching boxing. my cousin who i spar with has got more into MMA though so has started doing a lot more of that so need to persuade him back into boxing a bit more when he has time.

find a mate you think you can interest, get some pads, get some 14oz sparring gloves and have a go. it really is quite hard when there are 3 things to think about, offence, defence and movement when someones doing the same and hitting you at the same time just have a go and see where it leads to, you might not enjoy it but if you dont youve still got all the stuff to train with. if you like it, take it further.
Minty_Fresh

20th Dec 09 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said i train now at home as my garage is converted into a gym, i hit the bag alot and go on the pads when my uncle comes over (as he shares the same interest but lives in london, so not over to often), i have just purchased a floor/ceiling bag (a few hours ago off ebay) so that will help alot

i think im going to start at the local boxing gym after new year

something i really want to do is get my left hook/jab more powerfull, i know 100% my right i could put someone on there back but thats not good if i can only with one arm, you watch boxers and they can knock people down with both and thats what i want to be able to do..

any good ways on doing this or is it just basically just getting use to using you left more and gradually get stronger?

just wondering but what boxers do you like? (there style, brute force etc etc)

tyson is up there for me, his speed and power for a heavyweight, he was just a weapon in his prime, but i also realy like roy jones jr, heres a little vid i like..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDWnMXzgeZo

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by mk4_boy]
Minty_Fresh

22nd Dec 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what boxers do you follow and like..
Wrighty

22nd Dec 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amir khan & carl froch are my faves at the min, even though they dont see eye to eye

i cant pretend i like every single boxer as iv not seen all of them fight, i think james de gale is up & coming but his last performance was shocking

pac man is immense as is mayweather, iv watched Haye fight once and was very impressed i think il keep an eye on him but heavyweight is a bit boring i prefer the welterweight as i think thats the best division at the minute. cotto was a machine against pacman also impressed by him but that agains the first time iv seen him fight.

khan v malinaggi semi confirmed for march in NYC
Minty_Fresh

26th Dec 09 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

training is coming on very well, i know i aint taken it up properly long but, my movement and power of my punches are coming on very well

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » boxing 24 database queries in 0.0072360 seconds