corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Price of my engine?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Price of my engine?
DanCorsaBVan

User status: Offline
30th Dec 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to have a c20xe fit in my corsa firstly a guy has found me one with everything needed driveshafts and mounts and the lot for 800 quid with manifold and exhaust ... Witch i think is a lot? Hes tellin me mounting kits are nearly 300 quid when there on ebay for 130?? :S

Hes also said he will buy my 1.4 8 valve engine off me. Witch has just done 42k and is top notch and he said are getting rare but then said he will only give me 70 for it! Gotta be worth more than that....

Cheers in advance for any info....
davieslim

30th Dec 09 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you say the lot what do you mean? basic mounting kit will be arround 130 your not being specific to what the guys actually giving you

is there an exhaust, powercap or ecotec pipe and adaptor, water pipes, brakes etc?
daine
Premium Member

30th Dec 09 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is 800 quid fitted
DanCorsaBVan

30th Dec 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know well sorry but he hasnt been specific either i need to find out i was more bothered about the price of my engine the 1.4 8 valve?

but the engine comes with mounting kit, exhaust, powercap, water pipes and brakes yes. not sure about ecotec pipe. what should i ask for ? i am new to this ill admit jst want redtop power lol but struggling when sourcing engine at what is good deal as there is such a range in price.
bruceyb

30th Dec 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wont need the ecotec pipe if your using a power cap m8, to b honest if the mount kit is half decent, and the the engin is a gooden, and he is fitting it for you i think your on a winner especially if your gettin brakes and a exhaust system
DanCorsaBVan

30th Dec 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fitting is on top, he rekons about 300 quid. plus hes wanting to take mt 1.4 8 valve off my hands witch is good for me as i cant transport it really and he will give me 100 for that. so sounds orite.

cheers fellas is there anything else i shouls ask about the engine? dont think he knows a milege so how else can i tell? i think its had timing belt done witch is good.
bruceyb

30th Dec 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt realise that was on top soz! well if i was you id get a list of every thing your getting, (makes and what not) with it and what he has done to it ie, belts pumps gasketts etc, then at least you no what your getting for your money!
mac1976

30th Dec 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh that sounds a bit over priced mate , your talking 300 for a good engine with box ,no way 500 for all the extras
philip2

30th Dec 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where are you from matey?
DanCorsaBVan

30th Dec 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im from bradford, west yorkshire. why? ... and ye ill get a list and post it see what you think. hes found this engine of a mate of his so yes fitting is on top, hes saying it like its a good price but hten again it is his mate. saying if i get an engine and box for 300 like u said then ill have to get mounting kit, driveshafts and everything anyway . . . least this is all in one but still a tad dear but would be good all in one package and also i wouldnt have to try pik up and deliver it etc.

cheers anyways guys big help ill get a full list of the spec and that and post it.
philip2

30th Dec 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would of offered to fit it if local that was all. seems like getting ripped off
DanCorsaBVan

30th Dec 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers. well i dont call the labour bad 300 quid fitted? jst getting robbed on his mates engine but he says i can find my own its just getting it to his garage and stuff and even then id need all driveshafts etc like this package has what do u think a realistic offer is? ive asked for a better spec than 'job lot' so have to see first.
philip2

30th Dec 09 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said get a complete list of what you'd be getting first and what/if anything has been done to the engine, and any receipts if it has.
DanCorsaBVan

31st Dec 09 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then the c20xe has new oil pump, timing belt, gaskets... mtech power cap and mtech conversion kit ( < he says the kits are 400 quid?) , mild stainless steel steel exhaust system with stainless steel back box. f20 gearbox with quick shift, the drive shafts water pipes, 2 litre brakes. . . so sounds pretty good now plus the convenience of me not having to collect it. just dunno what to offer him?

also any ideas on the price of my 1.4 8 valve engine he wants for 100 quid? only got 42k on clocks, good engine. and again the convenience of him taking it off my hands lol.

cheers guys
philip2

31st Dec 09 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kits 2nd hand so not 300 to bump up, id say 550 + ur engine if has ful exhaust + not bodged.
DanCorsaBVan

31st Dec 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then cheers. engine cnt b included in price as engine is seperate guy to guy whos fitting it and wanting my engine. but cheers i get the idea think ill offer him 650 see what he says.
daine
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said mate, 800 quid fitted doesn`t sound bad - 150 quid for your 8V !.4. see what he say`s but tbh I wouldn`t go any higher............... good look with the deal mate.
DanCorsaBVan

31st Dec 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes going to give me 100 for mine plus both my cracked b pillars ao thatl do me. As for engine ill just offer him 650 i think or less? Good with mounting kit and saves me sourcing driveshafts and stuff ill se what he will take for it. Thanks

New Poll