corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ojc's old Nova?

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ojc's old Nova?
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
31st Dec 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dulex? Is that some sort of Chinese condom make?
blue corsa
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

31st Dec 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paint had hairs of the brush under the bonnet
taylorboosh

31st Dec 09 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Dulex? Is that some sort of Chinese condom make?

taylorboosh

31st Dec 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blue corsa
paint had hairs of the brush under the bonnet

hairs?
blue corsa

31st Dec 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes hairs from the brush lol
Ojc

31st Dec 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See, I knew it wouldn't be up to much now.

You can't use a Nova everyday especially up in Scotland which is where I think it went shortly after I sold it.

When I had it the shell was superb, the battery tray was the only issue with it, suspension turrets and wiring were all fine and certainly weren't rotten.

I have a picture somewhere when I took the dash off to put the black one in and it was all still original wiring bar the electric window loom all of which were done to a high level.

Chassis legs gone suprises me as it was a VERY solid car when I had it, in the 2 years since I sold it I cannot believe it's fallen into the mess been described.

Why has someone messed around with the wiring and painted the engine bay with brushes?

Why must people fuck around with things? It reminds me of a mate who used to chop wires on his AR50 to make it go faster.

Seems like the owners have all gradually made it worse which is the usual story when you haven't actually built it from the ground up.
Ojc

31st Dec 09 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DENTYSRI
just reading through this lot and i remembred a few other things, when i got it previous owners had removed, cage, electric windows, under dash shelves, rear belts and seat brackets, various other bits of trim, guages that were in place of centre vents,harnesses. the coilovers were also toatally shot so i had to put it on gmax shocks and springs to make it safe to drive.. real shame about this car

Why did someone remove the electric windows? WTF is wrong with people? And the gauges?

I fucking dispair I really do, well done to the twats that have totally ruined it. Spot on
blue corsa

31st Dec 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the first lad who got it up here bought it from wales a can remember he striped underneath the car and waxoiled it all he done the innerarches white he took care of it he just lost interest in it in the end it ended up having shit wheels on roof lining was fucket and the carpet was always soaking

[Edited on 31-12-2009 by blue corsa]
Ojc

31st Dec 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Who carried out all the shoddy welding? And how come this car that was done to such a high spec, as per jr's comments on the bottom of page 1, succumbed to rust so soon?

Because people are spastics and don't look after it, the car is older than most of the members on this forum (1985) and if you don't look after it, it's going to succum to rust. Look at modern Fords, they still rust like fuck you can't stop the inveitable unless you clean the arches, keep them clear of shit and keep on top of the underseal especially seeing as the car is 25 years old now.
Ojc

31st Dec 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blue corsa
the first lad who got it up here bought it from wales a can remember he striped underneath the car and waxoiled it all he done the innerarches white he took care of it he just lost interest in it

I had done the innerarches white for the feature. Ask Jr/Lee Mitchell especially the latter who done 2 engine conversions on the car it was a very soild/immaculate car which has now been let down by the plethoral of owners over the last two years.
blue corsa

31st Dec 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true a can mind when it was in total vauxhall was ultra clean then when ma mate bought it from wales was clean also just a waste seeing cars thats immaculate turn into wastes
Ben J

31st Dec 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a fucking shame. Deserved looking after that did. Why can't people appreciate something for what it is and not start fucking about with things.

[Edited on 31-12-2009 by Ben J]
DENTYSRI

1st Jan 10 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know who fucked it up,not me, and i dont think the lad i got it of did much to it, he was called lee and is from sunderland. From what i got told of him, it was the person who had it before him from scotland wrecked it. The carpets were soaking when i got it in the foot wells because the heater matrix was nackered, i replaced this. The wiring in the bay wasn't really bad when i had it but the dash loom was appauling. (if you can call it a loom, more lyk a webb of cut and burnt wires stuffed under the dash). I loved the car but unfortunatlley it had been in the wrong hands for to long and i couldnt justify spending the time or money on it, knowing that i had just given my corsa up for it. I have a few pictures of it on my phone, they arnet brilliant as they are dark and the car is dirty on them, still gives you an idea of how its stands- or did a fortnight ago when i had it. Dont have photobucket or anything but can email the pics or something
Linch

1st Jan 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame Denty...it looked mint from the outside when I followed you threw chester that time.
Ojc

8th Jan 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just got hold of the photographer that done my shoot back in 2007, he was ever so pleased to hear from me and is sending me over a CD with ALL the photos from the shoot.

I can't wait to see them, I'm going to finally be able to frame the pictures.
wilson_sri

8th Jan 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look forward to seeing them!

Iv been completely ignored by the photographer that done my shoot.
Ojc

8th Jan 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did think he could be an arse about it but he was fine.
stubs

8th Jan 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ollie, please will you post all of them online so we can enjoy them? I loved seeing how the car progressed over the years

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ojc's old Nova? 23 database queries in 0.0150509 seconds