corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Trip Computer...?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trip Computer...?
Burny

User status: Offline
19th Jan 10 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems pretty difficult to find anything out about this, so here goes nothing!

I have a 2004 Corsa C SRi CDTi. I'm looking into cruise control, and have found out my model should have clutch switch etc. already fitted, just a matter of fitting the indicator stalk that has the buttons for it on the end, then getting it tech2'd by Vauxhall to activate it. However, I noticed that there are some extra buttons for a trip computer...

Now, I know of people who have fitted different screens etc. to their C to get a trip computer, but say they need a head unit with a 'BC' button and 4 day directional controls for this to work fully - mine doesn't have a BC button or 4 way directional controls on the head unit (CDR 2005) so assume it is one of the 'older' styles, and should therefore work off the buttons for the trip computer on the stalk like some older astras or whatever do. So, my question is this:

If I were to fit the new indicator stalk with cruise control and trip computer buttons, would I be able to get the trip computer working on the standard screen etc.? I've emailed my local Vauxhall dealer but no reply, so just thought I'd post up on here and see what happens before actually going in there/ringing and trying to see if I can get anywhere with them!

New Poll