corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Play Ipod in car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Play Ipod in car
will_doyle
Banned

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you spec the the gadget I need please

where is bets to go? Tescos? Halfords?

They cheap?

Ta
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either need a cable depending on your stereo inputs or you can get one of those FM transmitters off ebay for a tenner.
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got an FM transmitter. Plug it into a computer, upload all the music, Plug it into cig lighter and it plays through radio. Same quality sound and noo ned to have wires etc.
will_doyle
Banned

23rd Jan 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
i got an FM transmitter. Plug it into a computer, upload all the music, Plug it into cig lighter and it plays through radio. Same quality sound and noo ned to have wires etc.

Cig lighter dont work
Whittie

23rd Jan 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has your car got a tape deck?

You could use one of these;

As you have no cig lighter, if you've got a spare couple of quid....

Buy a CD player with the option of AUX - You can get them for around £35 from ASDA, all you need then is a phono to phono cable from maplin for around £3.

John

23rd Jan 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon

It's not even nearly close to the same sound quality.
steel

23rd Jan 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All depends on the stereo, u can even get a connection/cable that goes into the cd changer port in the back of the stereo and turns it into an rca cable and the u can get another cable that turns the rca into a normal ipod jack (sounds messy but the cables are only small)

all can be found on ebay for like under a fiver haha
dannymccann

23rd Jan 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont bother with FM transmitters, as John said, they are shit (I know Ive had one). Best bet is to pick up a cheapy head unit from Asda / Aldi, anything with an AUX input OR get something that has USB / SC card connectivity, unless you desperatly want to use the Ipod
andys sxi
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got an fm transmitter in my car for my ipod touch i think mines called ILUV i got mine off my brothers mate for £10 but i think he said he paid aout £30 for it off ebay. it depends how much you want to spend i got my girlfriend 1 off ebay and that was about £5 and thats alrite and it charges them aswell

April 08 feature car
Carl

23rd Jan 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PRetty sure I have aux input, so if I get aux to 3.5m jack I can hook my ipod up then? sweet, didn't think of that!
Ste L

23rd Jan 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought an alpine head unit, that i can plug my iphone into, can control it all from it etc
Carl

23rd Jan 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't get the bloody headunit out, i've got the progy things but can only get one side to grab at one time, right laugh! Been at it about an hour.
deanmcreynolds26

23rd Jan 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a think of ebay for like £4.80 or something, its a transmitter just tune it in to your required station,

sound is pretty good considering what it costs

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Play Ipod in car 24 database queries in 0.0110130 seconds