corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Peoples opinions on Audi A4's

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Peoples opinions on Audi A4's
Baskey

User status: Offline
20th Jan 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by x14xe sport
clearly a council estate drug dealer car, police will pull you everywhere for random checks etc

My mate had a v6 a few years back with 19s. He lived on an estate and sold coke lol

Good cars though
SetH

20th Jan 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I have 2 points to make regarding this car.

My brother has a 96 1.8T SLine and its been the most unreliable car he has ever owned. Bought it with full audi history on 84k and countless things have gone wrong with it.

Not saying they are all like that, but people need to drop this VAG are bomb proof beliefs.

Also I agree with Tom, as soon as i scrolled down and saw the pics I actually physically said "Mother of god"

It looks nasty and doesnt even deserve and elaboration as to why.. .its plain as day tbh.

There are plenty of standard A4 1.8T`s out there and a decent set of rims make all the difference.
Colin

20th Jan 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old mans had an A4 for the last 4yrs & only had a Fog light & a maf sensor replaced.
SetH

20th Jan 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY?
Rich H

20th Jan 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't comment on that particular shape, but Dad's had 2 of the latest generation ones (S-Line special edition Avant and now an All Road) and both have been brilliant, build quality spot on etc etc.
Stu

20th Jan 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Audi was great for the first year........ didn't miss a beat then in the last two months its needed a thermostat which means a belt kit too and last week the gearbox went!

Not the gearboxes fault..........Audi's fault for putting THAT gearbox on an RS6! Its great through the rest of the range but to put that unrated box on an RS6 is nuts!

Luckily it was all covered by warranty and I've only have to make a small contribution! Id have to remortgage if I didnt have the warranty!!!!
John

20th Jan 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you had to ask about that there's not much hope for you getting anything decent.
Colin

20th Jan 10 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
My Audi was great for the first year........ didn't miss a beat then in the last two months its needed a thermostat which means a belt kit too and last week the gearbox went!

Not the gearboxes fault..........Audi's fault for putting THAT gearbox on an RS6! Its great through the rest of the range but to put that unrated box on an RS6 is nuts!

Luckily it was all covered by warranty and I've only have to make a small contribution! Id have to remortgage if I didnt have the warranty!!!!

Go on give us a laugh....much for the new gearbox?

Ive been told a new SMG box from BMW is around £5k. Heres hoping I never need one.
Stu

20th Jan 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

Go on give us a laugh....much for the new gearbox?

Ive been told a new SMG box from BMW is around £5k. Heres hoping I never need one.

Audi quoted £2700+VAT for a recon unit from them with a 2 year warranty or €9700 (I think) for a new German sourced box with shipping and fees on top!

Then youve got your 40 hours labour which is a mare too!!! Obviously the warranty company have gone for the recon unit which is fine by me!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

40 hours labour!

faaaaack
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That warranty company of yours must be gutted by now stu
ed

20th Jan 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That car looks like a sack of shit. There is no way on earth anyone in their right mind would pay real life money for it. It's fucked, and it says a lot when they couldn't even be bothered to clean it properly for the for sale pics.
Stu

21st Jan 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
40 hours labour!

faaaaack

Yeah engine out! Car will be away for 2 weeks, but luckily Im off snowboarding for a week tomoz!!

Thank god for the warranty........ I wouldn't buy a daft car again without one!! Even if the warranty company don't pay the entire bill on some things, even half of some of the bills Ive had in my days wouldve been nice!!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Jan 10 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watch out for coilpacks and the impeller on the water pumps are really weak plastic and either spin off the spindle or just shatter inside the engine

(my dads 2.0 sport did it and has had 2 coilpacks 51plate)
c20let

22nd Jan 10 at 04:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that audi is horrible IMO.
i don't know your car, but i'd rather have a white corsa gsi over that.
dannymccann

22nd Jan 10 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by x14xe sport
clearly a council estate drug dealer car, police will pull you everywhere for random checks etc

Yep, leave WELL alone, you will regret it
Munchie

22nd Jan 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://projectaudi.com/

these guys are near me........I was going to get a 56 reg Audi A4 and they quoted me £150 for a cambelt change using genuine parts and with stamp

its around £279 from Audi
SVM 286

24th Jan 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get loads in for racks. Horrible job.
Andrew

24th Jan 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That one look awful But in fairness has probably been better looked after than most never cars. Can see money has been spent.

I've driven an automatic 1.8 Audi A4 with 140k on the clock. This car had not been looked after for the past two years, i.e. not been serviced etc, needed new discs and pads.. Engine and gearbox were sound.
jr

24th Jan 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
i had a P reg one.... 2.6 v6

drove like a dream and had 130k on the clock... sold it on and its still going strong.

not sure if thats the engine whih suffers from the famed coil pack problem but the only problem i ever had was the immobiliser went up the shitter and needed replacing whih was relatively cheap.

iirc yours ran a dispack, was amazing to drive considering it was free and had done those miles
jr

24th Jan 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive sold and rs6 gearbox before, retail over the counter so to speak, was a good week
SVM 286

24th Jan 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Peoples opinions on Audi A4's 23 database queries in 0.0130551 seconds