corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine revin like madd

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine revin like madd
mattyr88

User status: Offline
   23rd Jan 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good evening.

This is on the X14XE engine with no Mods

I have recently found a lot of the gunk in the camshaft to inlet oil breather. The breather has been clamped down by the vacuum hose bit that sticks out on the inlet manifold (near the DIS cap), effectibly blanking the breather off. The previous person to refit the manifold was obviously careless.

However, i have no doubt that the gunk was caused by the vapours being blocked but could this be the cause of erratic idling, stalling and erratic surges throughout the revs? Idle control valve has been replaced and cleaned BTW before i found this breather hose.

There is also oil present in the camshaft to inlet manifold mine breather vacuum thing.

I have these ecu codes obtained from paperclip test.

p1405 - EGR
p0105 - Map sensor
p0505 - idle motor
p0412 - secondary air system switchover valve.

All replys will be very much apreciated.

[Edited on 23-01-2010 by mattyr88]
shauny bizzle

23rd Jan 10 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the icv reset before putting it in? and check for air leaks as you say the manifold has been refitted before, check for cracks and gasket failure best way is get WD40 or brake cleaner and squirt it over the manifold see if it revs more then u know its drawing in air elsewhere, deffo seems to be icv linked, the map sensor check the connection of the pipe and see if its not broken, ive done that before now, but you'll find its all tied in together, id personally get rid of the egr valve blank it off better fue economy and throttle response... you say you cleaned the icv?? they tend not to like that at all, but if its a new one remove it frm TB leaving it plugged in get someone to turn the ignition on whilst u hold your thumb over the pin of the icv to wind it back in once all the way back turn ignition off and refit, it maybe because the icv is wound all the way out as its a stepper motor
mattyr88

23rd Jan 10 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Map sensor the pipe got replaced which didn't change anything. im plannin on blanking off the EGR but it only got replaced in march 2009. before then it was replaced sometime in 2006. the idle stepper motoe was cleaned with a clocth, didn't touch it with carb cleaner or owt like that.

the problem with it revin it more apparent when the car is idling, it does it also when drivin in low gears but you can only just tell, sometimes it idles fine.

[Edited on 25-01-2010 by mattyr88]
mattyr88

25th Jan 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it be wise to spray carb cleaner down the rocker cover to intake breather pipe?
mattyr88

26th Jan 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had top inlet off. oil in the throttle body, about a a desert spoon worth. the top inlet is also filthy.

how would any1 suggest cleaning it? i dont wanna spray a load of carb cleaner in incase it gets sucked in and ignites in the engine causing damage.

New Poll