corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you charge for packing items when selling online

Poll: Do you charge for packing items when selling online
  Yes
  No
  Only for low value items

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you charge for packing items when selling online
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   5th Feb 10 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you generally charge(extra) for items you sold online and send it using Royal mail or other service?

I never did, as i get cardboard from shops/dad brings some from work, and i always have selotape laying around..

I was gonna buy some side skirts of a guy, untill he messed me round with prices and wanted 10 to get them packed... So decided to make this poll ....
Ben G

5th Feb 10 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would probably charge a quid on top of what the postage costs yeah.

loads of people do it. thats why it's called P+P (Postage and PACKAGING).

Generation

5th Feb 10 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For packing the item, generraly no depending of need special boxes/envelopes for fragile stuff
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 10 at 00:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was spending money to do it then I would pass that on, but I wouldn't generally buy packing. I've always got bubble wrap and boxes from stuff I've bought so I just re-use that.

Would never put money on if it didn't cost me that. Paying a few extra pound then something turning up in a tatty old box is utterly frustrating.
James_DT

5th Feb 10 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I charge it if I've paid it. If it's lying around or whatever, I'll just charge for postage.
daymoon
Premium Member

6th Feb 10 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else?
ed

6th Feb 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it cost me then I'd charge it. Made the mistake once, when selling some stuff for my parents, of not doing so and one of the items cost a fair bit to pack up.

If I have a choice I would never ever ever ever use Royal Mail. The sooner they go bankrupt the better.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you charge for packing items when selling online 23 database queries in 0.0121250 seconds