corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » For you flying fans out there...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author For you flying fans out there...
Wayne

User status: Offline
6th Feb 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got another RC Nitro Trainer plane, had the same last year but had a bad landing and crashed it! Not sure if anyone else flys but hopeing to get some video footage onboard whilst flying

AndyKent

6th Feb 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to fly glow but got fed up of all the mess so moved over to electric.

I had one of these:

Awesome model, until our flying site got sold
p

6th Feb 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't mind having a go at one of these, but obviously it isn't that cheap. And knowing me mine would end up in a tree or a river or something.

Takes some skill though, esp the helicopters!
Wayne

6th Feb 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The very first one i got, nearly same as the above. Took it out on a field didn't know what i was doing got it up in the sky managed to fly around a field once, thought lets do a loop did a loop but wasnt high enough and smash into a tree £200 wasted was gutted.
Wayne

6th Feb 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So went to a flying club had some practice lessons for free and bought another model aircraft and could fly it fine. Worth the practice lessons at your local club. Luckily i kept my radio gear,fuel etc so only needed the plane,engine so cheap enough. The above was £147.
ed

6th Feb 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been interested in having a go at flying one of those before. What's the start up costs like for one?
Wayne

6th Feb 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really good fun ed, you'd love it. As above that plane,engine,time to build was £147, your transmitter 2nd hand around £100-150ish, fuel £20, glow stick £10, fuel pump £5, electric starter £15ish so around the £300-350ish max.
AndyKent

6th Feb 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a bit more involved than it looks, and I'd say you'd definately want a few lessons first to save smashing the plane into the ground.

My Katana was my third model and would be too much in inexperienced hands - you'd want a trainer first like Waynes, even though they do look more boring

My first trainer was £110, plus £50 for engine, £50 for bits and pieces, plus £100 for the radio set.

So just over £300.

The Katana was £200, and then I used all the radio stuff from the trainer, so basically the same cost.
Paul_J

6th Feb 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a good channel I'm subscribed to on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcsuperpowers?blend=6&ob=4&rclk=cti

... reviews different planes and stuff.

I'd love to get one of these
http://www.youtube.com/user/rcsuperpowers?blend=6&ob=4&rclk=cti#p/u/34/shlGjfQjaHY

For the on board cam, RC Superpowers rate a cam 'grayson cam' they usually have links in the side for it.
Wayne

6th Feb 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As andy says, best off getting a trainer first. High wing planes as there easyier to fly, and also get some lessons in first to save you binning it like i did. Oh and also get some public liability insurance www.bmfa.org worth having!

Paul i'm after a cam for it to get some footage.
ed

6th Feb 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's using a lot of made up words in his videos

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » For you flying fans out there... 23 database queries in 0.0114689 seconds