corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane Day: that BA crash at Heathrow Jan 2008

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plane Day: that BA crash at Heathrow Jan 2008
ryzer

User status: Offline
9th Feb 10 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just reading the report on the BBC website, so lucky there wasnt many many deaths.

but found this recording of the Air Traffic control absolutely fascinating, the concentration that controller had in dealing with multiple situations at once is nothing short of incredible. people are giving credit to the pilots, but the controller deserves some credit too,

have a listen!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8505174.stm
Tomnova16
Premium Member

9th Feb 10 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it was james may (might be wrong) who was in a control tower and the guy was explaining how they controlled the aircraft coming in. gave them all numbers told them what height to be at, who's coming in first, i was lost after about a minute, hats off to them, is a hard job

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ryzer

9th Feb 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had a few fyling lessons now, and still have trouble repeating back to the tower the info they have literally just told me, like runway to use, pressures, etc, very impressed
C2RL R

9th Feb 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats why they earn crazy money. my mate tried to get into it a few years ago and she reckoned she would get about £80,000 per year. she had to go to london a couple of times whilst they whittled a group down to 4 people. she ended up getting rejected and was gutted.
ryzer

9th Feb 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell her to Join the RAF.
Nath

9th Feb 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of either Hammer or John (maybe even both) were looking into ATC work. It's stressful stuff, but they do make alot of cash.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane Day: that BA crash at Heathrow Jan 2008 24 database queries in 0.1393762 seconds