corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Air filter installation advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Air filter installation advice needed
MrMillar

User status: Offline
   9th Feb 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey

I just bought a air filter for my 1.2 Corsa B 3 door, I need advice on installation now, anyone got any videos which aim at Corsa's (seen a few for different cars on youtube) and anything I should now before I jump into this?

Thanks
Corsa_Quadz

9th Feb 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very easy job mate, just undo jubilee clips that the inlet hose goes onto on back of the air box and pull the airbox out.

Should be held in by some rubber grommet things

Then depending on filter just insert it into the inlet hose and do the jubilee clip up and secure the filter, with either supplied bracket or cable ties..........use your common sense
johnhara1

9th Feb 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry but you're joking right?

Look at the air box in your engine bay, think of it as a Tupperware box with a hose going to it.

Remove the hose then the lid, remove the old air filer, put new filter in, put lid back on, re-attach the hose.

N3CRO

9th Feb 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Quadz
Very easy job mate, just undo jubilee clips that the inlet hose goes onto on back of the air box and pull the airbox out.

Should be held in by some rubber grommet things

Then depending on filter just insert it into the inlet hose and do the jubilee clip up and secure the filter, with either supplied bracket or cable ties..........use your common sense

He didn't state whether it was a cone or panel filter
MrMillar

9th Feb 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's just a simple cone, I didn't want to attempt without first asking about it! lol

I no it sounds stupid but first car and it's already got a few things wrong with it so don't wanna fuck it up more! lol
Brett
Premium Member

9th Feb 10 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An induction kit isn't gonna do your 1.2 any favours tbh.

New Poll