corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Night Terrors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Night Terrors
McWillster

User status: Offline
16th Feb 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody else expierience them?

Thinking of setting up a camera at night to have a look at what i get up too.

Girlfriend always says i do random shit, the other night, fast asleep, stood up on the bed shouted fire!
Jumped off my bed ran out into the hall then woke up and walked back to bed and fell asleep (was a bit confused as to why i was in the hallway when i woke up, just presumed id just been to the toilet :lol

Other stuff like sitting bolt upright in the middle of the night and then lying back down a couple minutes later.

Dont know what the cause of it is.
lostboy
Banned

16th Feb 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't really sound like terrors to me, I always imagined night terrors to be like nightmares but worse.
Cosmo

16th Feb 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop eating cheese.
McWillster

16th Feb 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think its night terrors as such, don't scream or anything like that, just speak alot and move around my room and get up to stuff. Just wondered if anyone else seems to be a bit over active during there sleep.
adiohead

16th Feb 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got one after playing GTA IV when it first came out.

i remember thinking someone was about to crush my head with part of a steel girder, then i opened my eyes and thought the lampshade was the girder. i couldn't move and screamed the loudest and most shrill i ever have.

my gf just said "go back to sleep, it was just a dream"
Twiggy

16th Feb 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs said i elbowed her in the face one night
GF-91
Banned

16th Feb 10 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do silly things. I talk about random stuff, like "my phones ringing", and even sometimes, I narrate my dreams and my gf can tell me what my dreams were about when i wake up. Quite spooky really; i once woke up andf the first word I said was "spatula"; i was dreaming about a science experiment.

I once had a fight in my sleep, my ex nearly took a punch
DC90

16th Feb 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get night terrors (Which, strangely enough, are linked to diabetes, and i'm diabetic).

I've had one where I thought I was locked in a house, so I was beating the shit out of my wardrobe. When I finally woke up my hear was racing, sweating loads and so on.

Also, woke up and thought a snake was in my bed. Thought a spider was on my brothers face so I got up and smashed him with a pillow.

Last one I can remember, was in America in bed with an ex, thought somebody had broken into the apartment we were staying in and then, for some reason, thought "the person" jumped on me. Needless to say I jumped up and ran out of the room, later thinking it was my Ex and went nuts at her .

Terrors are bloody weird, you can't really tell dream from reality. For example, when I thought the snake was in my bed I had to strip all of the quilts/sheets from my bed to prove there was no snake there. Horrible things, but interesting also.
ajscorsa

16th Feb 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the video set up and post them on here, would be fairly amusing
Twiggy

16th Feb 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
Get the video set up and post them on here, would be fairly amusing

Fucking Live streaming!!!
Nismo

16th Feb 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres an iPhone app called night recorder, auto records on sound, then you can listen to anything you say in the night!
SetH

16th Feb 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus H wtf happened to some of you lot as children
Twitch

16th Feb 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suffered from night terrors when i was younger. i never did anything like that tho. Normaly i would scream while in my sleep. all i can remember is they used to happen when i drempt about wiggily lines :S lol
Ben G

16th Feb 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a step brother by any chance?
Twitch

16th Feb 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
I get night terrors (Which, strangely enough, are linked to diabetes, and i'm diabetic).

I've had one where I thought I was locked in a house, so I was beating the shit out of my wardrobe. When I finally woke up my hear was racing, sweating loads and so on.

Also, woke up and thought a snake was in my bed. Thought a spider was on my brothers face so I got up and smashed him with a pillow.

Last one I can remember, was in America in bed with an ex, thought somebody had broken into the apartment we were staying in and then, for some reason, thought "the person" jumped on me. Needless to say I jumped up and ran out of the room, later thinking it was my Ex and went nuts at her .

Terrors are bloody weird, you can't really tell dream from reality. For example, when I thought the snake was in my bed I had to strip all of the quilts/sheets from my bed to prove there was no snake there. Horrible things, but interesting also.

I get the same thing with spiders lol other than snakes. wired thing is tho i have no fear of them atall i can happily hold one but if i see what i think is a spider in my bed i change the covers.
Laney

16th Feb 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought a night terror was when you were conscious but essentially paralysed, feeling a massive weight ontop of you wanting to scream but unable to?

Or have I got that wrong
Twitch

16th Feb 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah a night terrors is basicly the worst nightmare you've ever had but you dont wake up. so like i will scream and shout for help etc but im still fast asleep when someone comes into my room.
adiohead

16th Feb 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
I thought a night terror was when you were conscious but essentially paralysed, feeling a massive weight ontop of you wanting to scream but unable to?

Or have I got that wrong

Nightmares occur during the dream phase of sleep known as REM sleep. Most people enter the REM stage of sleep sometime after 90 minutes of sleep. The circumstances of the nightmare will frighten the sleeper, who usually will wake up with a vivid memory of a long movie-like dream. Night terrors, on the other hand, occur during a phase of deep non-REM sleep usually within an hour after the subject goes to bed. This is also known as stage 4. During a night terror, which may last anywhere from five to twenty minutes, the person is still asleep, although the sleepers eyes may be open. When the subject does wake up, they usually have no recollection of the episode other than a sense of fear. This, however, is not always the case. Quite a few people interviewed can remember portions of the night terror, and some remember the whole thing.
Jambo

16th Feb 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had one, and it scared the living shite out of me. I have never felt such unconditional terror/rear in all my life it was like my blood had been replaced with adrenaline.

Woke up screaming dont remember why just remember the feeling of impending doom and loud horrific noise woke up in my hall with my sister going ummmmmmm wtf

Mrs Jambo was screaming also as she thought i had been possesed
Laney

16th Feb 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what am I confusing it with. There was a thread on it not long back.
Fro

16th Feb 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a movie like dream last night, was awesome
McWillster

16th Feb 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try going to sleep with a nicorete patch on your arm! Never knew a dream could feel so close to reality, and its all relevent, like people you know and places, you just get upto stuff you could only dream about.
MoesTavern

16th Feb 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently the bloke who designed The Alien (H.R. Giger) suffered from them most of his life. I can imagine that's where most of his fucked-up shit came from

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Night Terrors 23 database queries in 0.0126579 seconds