corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advice.....

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice.....
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your mum would throw you out for buying a car

you are paying very little rent tbf but if she doesnt want or need any more money then she isnt being a great mother imo

i would try and sit down to see exactly what she is thinking/wanting

you may aswell enjoy the luxuries whilst you are still young free and single with no comitments
DaveyLC

23rd Feb 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread = pathetic.

While you live with your parent(s) you have to respect their wishes, if you dont like it be a big boy and move out.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i moved out at 21 because of the shite i was getting at home!
Daimo B

23rd Feb 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

House
Car
House
Car

Simply no contest. Sure a car is nice to cruise about in, but you LIVE in a house, no matter if its yours or rented.

Having you own place is far better than a cool car, fact.

Nightclub
"yeah come checkout ma new vxr luv, its proper bo, you can checkout my back seat"

or

"wanna come back to my house?"
DaveyLC

23rd Feb 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
i have neve paid any rent or anything towards food and things still live at home but moving out very soon and always had the cars i wanted, holidays i wanted. dont see why some parents are like this. id want my kids to enjoy their life.
I do help out round the house though.
just get the car and tell your mum when you are older then you will return the favour and build a granny annix on the side of your house

It works the other way around too.. My parents are quite well off but they taught me the value of money! I live by myself which costs me over £1,100/month but I have the cars/motorbikes/toys I want and can eaislly afford it without having to resort to finance/loans or borrow from parents etc. but I'm only capable of this because they taught me that if I work hard I can earn well and have the life style I want.

If you let your kids sponge off you they will never learn about money or the 'real world'..
DaveyLC

23rd Feb 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
House
Car
House
Car

Simply no contest. Sure a car is nice to cruise about in, but you LIVE in a house, no matter if its yours or rented.

Having you own place is far better than a cool car, fact.

Nightclub
"yeah come checkout ma new vxr luv, its proper bo, you can checkout my back seat"

or

"wanna come back to my house?"

NAIL, HEAD..

I've got friends who have got fantastic cars, live their lives on credit cards, dress like kings etc. but they still live with mummy and daddy and end up shagging birds in the back of their car down a country lane.. CLASSY!
a_j_mair

23rd Feb 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
i have neve paid any rent or anything towards food and things still live at home but moving out very soon and always had the cars i wanted, holidays i wanted. dont see why some parents are like this. id want my kids to enjoy their life.
just get the car and tell your mum when you are older then you will return the favour and build a granny annix on the side of your house

It works the other way around too.. My parents are quite well off but they taught me the value of money! I live by myself which costs me over £1,100/month but I have the cars/motorbikes/toys I want and can eaislly afford it without having to resort to finance/loans or borrow from parents etc. but I'm only capable of this because they taught me that if I work hard I can earn well and have the life style I want.

If you let your kids sponge off you they will never learn about money or the 'real world'..

Hear this alot on here and to an extent i agree but you are able to teach the value of money to your kids without charging them rent and not allowing them to live their life.

It is your duty as a parent to look after your child for life not just till they are 18
aim1

23rd Feb 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Tbh, if I could afford the insurance, I'd take out ridiculous finance for a 355.

Thats the spirit
DaveyLC

23rd Feb 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
quote:
quote:

Hear this alot on here and to an extent i agree but you are able to teach the value of money to your kids without charging them rent and not allowing them to live their life.

It is your duty as a parent to look after your child for life not just till they are 18

But its also your duty to turn them into a responsible adult and not just someone who thinks everything will be handed to them on a silver platter.
John

23rd Feb 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This is rubbish.
a_j_mair

23rd Feb 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if you live at home and pay no rent and have a nice car you think everything comes on a silver platter with polished cuttlery
DaveyLC

23rd Feb 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

This is rubbish.

Expand your statement please.
DaveyLC

23rd Feb 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
So if you live at home and pay no rent and have a nice car you think everything comes on a silver platter with polished cuttlery

I am lucky enough to have a vast variety of friends from various backgrounds: some have sod all; dont really work and sponge of the state, others have minted parents and live in their pocket even when they have their own house or they "work" for their parents companies which basically equates to showing up when they like, doing fuck all and getting paid over the odds.. And others are genuinely hardworking people who dont ask for any help/hand outs and wouldnt expect it.. very, very few of the former and latter grew up with silver spoons protruding from their rectums.
John

23rd Feb 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had it quite good from my parents and have a fine grasp of money and the real world.

People who have had no money could have no grasp on it, and vice versa.

It's the individual person and not whether you've had stingy parents.
Fro

23rd Feb 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could do what i did and offer to go halves on the mortgage with her.

I'm 21 at the mo and work full time and studying part time. I plan to live at home until I have finished my studies (probably another 4 years) In the mean time I've jumped in on half the mortgage as she had to remortgage to pay ex off.

It's a win win for both of us as it means her outgoings are coming down so she doesn't have to worry as much, and I'm putting money into a house and will have something to show for it at the end when its paid off and she gets a new place.

She didnt have a problem with me buying my 350z either as long as i dont default on my side of the mortgage.

I also help out around the house, washing/cleaning etc.

Prior to that i was only paying £150 a month.
DaveyLC

23rd Feb 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I've had it quite good from my parents and have a fine grasp of money and the real world.

People who have had no money could have no grasp on it, and vice versa.

It's the individual person and not whether you've had stingy parents.

I know lots of people with seriously wealthy parents and I can only think of one who understands money! His parents estate is worth £6M+ and they are rolling in it.. Yet if you met him you'd never suspect it.
DaveyLC

23rd Feb 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Could do what i did and offer to go halves on the mortgage with her.

That is probably the most inteligent thing that has been said in this WHOLE thread.
sc0ott

23rd Feb 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell her to put the crib under your name and you will pay more than half of every bill per month. if she agrees then kick her out after everything has been changed.
AndyKent

23rd Feb 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Effectively there is no mortgage any more, and its not likely she'll sell the house any time soon so thats not really an option. Nice idea though.

Scott
pow
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My parents don't have a mortgage, I'm safe
Baskey

23rd Feb 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell your mum shes right and from now on you will always listen to her. Tell her youve decided to get a boring car and that your not interested in being a boy racer any more.

Then just buy the vxr, she wont know what it is

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advice..... 23 database queries in 0.0184588 seconds