corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Too many cars and not enough road.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Too many cars and not enough road.
A2H GO

User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it just me or is it that there are far too many cars on our roads nowadays?

When i first started driving 7 years ago, it seemed like you had plenty of road, were able to get places in a reasonable time and at your own pace, without too much hassle or traffic.

I was banned for 12 months and noticed when i got back on the roads that they had become slightly more crowded.

Now, 7 years on its asif eveywhere i want to go....everybody else wants to go too Even where i live in a semi rural area, it takes me an age to get anywhere, people constantly traveling well below the speed limit, cars backed up preventing overtaking. Traffic everywhere, never seem to get chance to put your foot down anymore, generally making driving frustrating and tedious rather than enjoyable like it used to be.

Is it just me?
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not just.

When I first started, you could sit on the inside lane of the M1 for a couple of miles, on a saturday!!

S.E is particulary bad for over-crowding and stupid roads Your not alone.

Hence the switch to bikes. Colder, wetter, but you don't suffer this stuff anymore
A2H GO

26th Feb 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Not just.

When I first started, you could sit on the inside lane of the M1 for a couple of miles, on a saturday!!

S.E is particulary bad for over-crowding and stupid roads Your not alone.

Hence the switch to bikes. Colder, wetter, but you don't suffer this stuff anymore

Glad its not just me. I would imagine that people who have been driving longer than the 7 year i have may notice this more.

Motorways are a particular pain, i used to be able to get to Manchester in around 40mins, used to actually 'nip' there for a bit of shopping. Now its more like just over an hour and you have to make a day of it.

Dread to think of what it will be like in another 7 years.

[Edited on 26-02-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8 years ago middle lane tossers we're not about yet.

Neither were chavs.

More examples of the UK sucking ass
tomo2k9

26th Feb 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh i was thinking the exact same thing today, its mad never mind rush hour its like it all day everyday the only time its prity empty is on sundays lol and sundays are shit so no point in driving lmao
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saturday morning/sunday morning drives/rides ftw.

Thats our plan for this summer. Up for sunrise, go for a blast, some breakfast, be home by 10am and still got your entire day
Neo

26th Feb 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to agree with this, I've been driving about 3 years so probably dont see it as much, however remember days when I was young of nipping down the motorway to reading with my dad, to do the same stretch nowadays would take 30 minutes longer. Coming out of the village I live in seems to take longer each day ! Middle of the night its a 10 minute run, during the day it can be half an hour !
Scotty C

26th Feb 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's dickheads in the fast lane at 80mph not even over-taking that rile me up
LukeD

26th Feb 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The M6. use to be able to beat the ques at certain times but these days its rare that theres not a que. i feel for the people that have to use that motorway daily.
A2H GO

26th Feb 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeD
The M6. use to be able to beat the ques at certain times but these days its rare that theres not a que. i feel for the people that have to use that motorway daily.

Motorways especially the M6 seems just to constantly be 'Stop Start' for no apparent reason, takes an age just to move a junction at any time of day. Never used to be like that.
Jake

26th Feb 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Neither were chavs.

who were the blokes ponsing about in yellow check ben sherman shirts?!?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poofs ??
BlueCorsa

26th Feb 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Monster

You're not even supposed to do more than 70
chrex

27th Feb 10 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Motorways especially the M6 seems just to constantly be 'Stop Start' for no apparent reason, takes an age just to move a junction at any time of day. Never used to be like that.

its becuase most people havent got a clue how to drive, and dont (as the highway code states) 'Give way to the right'. Coming up to junctions...everyone seems to crap themselves and just bloody close their eyes and hope! The lane discipline on motorways nowadays is shocking too! I always have my lights on regardless, as otherwise...people just dont see you as they dont look properly!

Overtaking in the outside lane...and then some numpty decides that 2 car lengths is enough to move out on a car that is coming up on them pretty quick, so then that overtaking car has to brake...and then the person behind them...and all of a sudden...the motorway is at 50mph.

And, as the thread starter pointed out...the roads are busier, so people who passed their test and got their first few years experience sorta 15+ years ago, are still driving like there are lesser volumes of traffic, blatantly ignorant of the chaos they cause when the do stupid maneuvers!

Fin.

[Edited on 27-02-2010 by chrex]
Jambo

27th Feb 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many people. Used to be able to drive to Reading in 2003 at around 12pm no traffic into the car park and find a space instantly. These days if you get there after 10:30 then the car park is full and a 3mile tailback and a 30+minute drive around the car park trying to find a space.

It takes me 1hr to get 6miles to work. Took half that in 2004.

Scotty C

27th Feb 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BlueCorsa
quote:

Granted. But who sticks to 70mph? 80% of the cars on motorway do 80mph +. And when they sit in the fast lane/3rd lane not even over taking is a piss take. Especially when u have to undertake them to continue with a speed you're happy with.
Cosmo

27th Feb 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
8 years ago middle lane tossers we're not about yet.

Neither were chavs.

More examples of the UK sucking ass

Yes they were, you were just one of them so refused to acknowledge their existence
Jambo

27th Feb 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BlueCorsa
quote:

Good so you can carry on doing 65mph in the left hand lane and let everyone else get on wih driving

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Too many cars and not enough road. 23 database queries in 0.2249269 seconds