corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » On the red?????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author On the red?????
moddedcorsa

User status: Offline
19th May 03 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, i am just wondering how far do you think ill get in my 1.2 8v corsa, as my fuel guage is just on the red (when the cars level) The red light isnt on yet but its Very close. Will i be able to do about 20 miles?? As i dont fancy filling up at my local garage which is about £1 a litre. thanks
essexracer

19th May 03 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ this post.

i think the red has 5 litres left.

just put like £1 of fule in @ur local garage and then drive to the cheap garage. and drive at about 50 in 5th if u can.

james
moddedcorsa

19th May 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i stupidly 4got my wallet the other day so was unable to get petrol.

the quoted mpg of my car is bout 38 mpg, so u think ill b ok then? only hav 2 do bout 18 miles to town.
essexracer

19th May 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully
someone

19th May 03 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i wouldnt risk it
do as essexracer says only put £1 or £2 in to get you to town then fill up there

then for the added enjoyment pay with coppers
digitalbanana

19th May 03 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done over 30 miles in the red...and about 5 under the red before filling up...but mines 42mpg if that makes any difference.
Paul_J

19th May 03 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe I ran out of petrol the other day had to push my car to the garage...

Basically I went to college in the morning (slough -> amersham), it was on the red when I arrived at college, then went home later... then drove all the way to high wycombe via the m40, then to maidenhead, then home... still hadn't run out...

then woke up the next day and drove to work (legoland Windsor ), still didn't run out... Was driving back and my work collegue challenged me to a race down the windsor relief road... raced him - he turned off... I came off the windsor relief road then the car lost all power... I was coasting it towards a Total garage... Stopped a few hundred yards short. Had to push it with people driving past tooting... hehe

oops

Paul J
moddedcorsa

19th May 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha ha nice one paul!!
M2RTY

19th May 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a gallon left when the light comes on

56mph is most economical speed
jm960326

19th May 03 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine since I put new dials in never goes right the way past the 40ltr mark. But can run it right down to the very bottom of the red, I just reset my clock everytime I fill up and can get around 320 miles out of a tank, can push it to 340 but normally fill up around the 300 mark.
Black Corsa SRi

19th May 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can get 350 miles out of a tank but thats not into the red so i dont know how much u can get int he red! LOL but personally mate i'd do as people have said and put a few quid of fuel in and then fill up cause the fuel at the bottom of the tank will be full of rubbish anyway! best not to run it that empty!
Mikorsa16v

19th May 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RV H
a gallon left when the light comes on

56mph is most economical speed

i wouldnt go by this, i would go by 2500 RPM, 56mph in a 1.0/1.2 is about 3000 RPM rule of thumb though as it says in the highway code, yes
moddedcorsa

20th May 03 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got £5 worth of petrol at the local rup of garage, just incase (wouldnt want to run it dry) So no problem anymore, cheers guys

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » On the red????? 24 database queries in 0.0138268 seconds