corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe playing up paper clip results

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe playing up paper clip results
Kieran
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 09 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello people just put new bottom end on my car. put it all back together. and it seems to be splurering a lot. when revving or driving undriverble hessertaing and missing sort of noise from air filter. if i start it and leave it the eml dont come on until i rev it a little it comes on. done a paper clip test and I was told lamba sensor and knock sensor. changed lamba for new one and swap old knock sensor from old block. first time round test test went.

x xx x xx x xx x xxxxxx x xxxxxx x xxxxxx xxx x xxx x xxx x x xx x xx x xx x

when changed bits it went

x xx x xx x xx x xxxxxx x xxxxxx x xxxxxx x x xx x xx x xx x

so confused LOL need to know asap really cheers

[Edited on 23-12-2009 by kizzacorsab]

[Edited on 23-12-2009 by kizzacorsab]
Kieran
Premium Member

23rd Dec 09 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its now doing the first test results again :s
johnhara1

23rd Dec 09 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12 - Initialisation code (not a fault)
16 - Knock Sensor
31 - Crank Sensor (Will flag up if engine is NOT running when you did the test)

[Edited on 28-02-2010 by johnhara1]
johnhara1

23rd Dec 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knock sensor needs to be torqued down correctly or it will not read properly
Kieran
Premium Member

24th Dec 09 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right ok do you know the toruqe settings for this. it seems to be really slow to. lol cheers m8
Kieran
Premium Member

24th Dec 09 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would a brand new knock sensor torqued up properly be better. as it done this a little bit before engine change as the shells went and it was knocking? so could be my old one screwed.
Kieran
Premium Member

28th Dec 09 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump!
Kieran
Premium Member

18th Feb 10 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

changed knock sensor and it still comes up fault 16. it has eml come on only when i give it some so after 3000 rpm. when i turn car off and on again its fine. could it be ecu or the wire it is conected to cheers

[Edited on 18-02-2010 by kizzacorsab]
johnhara1

19th Feb 10 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine used to do this too, after multiple knock sensor changes i found it was the loom!

I'd suggest checking all your earth's.
Kieran
Premium Member

19th Feb 10 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok m8 will do this tommorow. And updated back. Cheers
Kieran
Premium Member

27th Feb 10 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right.. changed plugs, run new wire/s, took sensor off cleaned block, tightened correctly, new conector plug, different ecu, checked for any knocks. all this and its still bringing up 16 (knock sensor) and goes to limp mode. help!!

[Edited on 27-02-2010 by kizzacorsab]
Vivasam

28th Feb 10 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need to clear the ecu of this fault. Undo the earth lead from the battery, and allow it to sit like that overnight. Redo the paper clip test in the morning. It should only take 10 to 45 minutes to clear the fault, so you can of course do this at anytime, but overnight is usually the best. Make sure you have the appropriate codes for radio etc etc.
Kieran
Premium Member

28th Feb 10 at 02:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv done this many times and still does it. Sill no luck. Only does it if I put my foot down. Will feel the car hold back ecu light will Come on. And it goes super slow. Like 1tr power. Took it to garages they don't have the foggiest either. We tryed all day today to sort it and no joy. When I turn car off and on again light is off and back to normal until I plant it. Really dazzling me now. Lol

[Edited on 28-02-2010 by kizzacorsab]
johnhara1

28th Feb 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had exactly the same problem with mine, same fault, same fucking knock sensor.

Had sensor changed at garage, but still same fault. Mechanic said my engine was fooked that's why it keeps flagging up. I told him it's he's full of shit as the knock sensor does not detect a knocking engine! (he wanted £700+ to do little ends)

Anyway.....I drove the car away and 2 days later, fault cleared and no problems for months.

Then it started playing havoc again, many sensors later found out loom had shorted on the wiper motor (yes it was running under the scuttle)

I got so pissed off with the car i sold it on. It's now in cumbria.

Anyway.....essay over, my loom was fucked.

Kieran
Premium Member

28th Feb 10 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cool. Is that the little loom or engine loom. Cheers m8

New Poll