corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Insurance Qu...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Qu...
Cavey

User status: Offline
21st May 03 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i've had accidents, but there were no claims made... how do insurance companies find out about them ?

wassup2002

21st May 03 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be a very bright insurance company! i smashed into the back of a brand new renault clio on a motorbike totally wiped it out.recked my no claims bonus i thought then i just insured the same bike again with 1 year no claims!!!!!a bit naughty i suppose but oh well.

what do you mean by 'how do they find out' cause like if there is no record of your crash and no claims made, and no other insurance companys know, then they simply cant have any proof that you have had a accident?
Cavey

21st May 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly, that's what i'm wondering...

I've had a few "prangs" but nothing from other companies, but when they ask for details on the online quotes it says "You hit 3rd party - no claim made" i guess they are relying on people being honest ?
wassup2002

21st May 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate just blag it. well its your choice, on the phone i had the choice of being honest or lying. me being me chose to lie lol. but normally after a current policy runs out i thought that insurance company send you a reference to say you have 1 year no claims? but the bloke i just insured my biek with again for this year was like " oh have u ever had any claims made against you" i said not that i know of he said "what do u mean" i said well i crashed into a parked car not looking where i was going but im not sure if she claimed off me or not, he says "oh okay it doesnt matter" then started asking me a load of other questions. i got my bike insurance for £249 instead of £481 !! sucker

basically , if the chance is there then take it , if you arent too sure then just be honest. but id know where i would stand if i had a choice between £1500 quid insurance against £800!!!
Cavey

21st May 03 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, my thinking exactly

[Edited on 21-05-2003 by Cavey]

New Poll