corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » 17" Jap fitment 3 piece split rims

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 17" Jap fitment 3 piece split rims
CorsAsh

User status: Offline
13th Mar 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I know they won't fit Corsas, but there's plenty on here now with Jap motors or who know someone with one. So here goes:

--

I bought these wheels last week from a fellow member on FD:UK. However, the size of them means the join from spokes to rim fouls the calipers on an RX7 Type RS such as mine and won't fit even with spacers installed. I'm not sure how they will sit on other makes and models of car.

All I have done is put tyres on them, which haven't been driven on, so I'm purely looking to recover my costs.

Here's the details from the original For Sale post:

quote:
Presented in excellent condition- I believe the centres are a bespoke colour, they’re slightly off-black & closer to gun metal. The rims are nigh on perfect, not a touch of kerbing or rash & have been polished to a high shine- There’s no buckling, no flat spots, no cracks, no lacquer peel. The split rim bolts are original SSR & have also been individually polished.

There are some minor marks on the centres where bolts have left their mark, but otherwise in great shape. All 4 original centre caps are also present.

The wheel specs are:
5 x 114.3

8J et 29 Medium disk
9J et 37 Super low disk

Price: £800

Perfect [RX7] stock body fitment, these are of course 3 piece rims & it follows that you can widen them and manipulate the offset to your heart’s content.
Medium disk allows for ample brake clearance, whilst super low disks allow for maximum possible dish for any given offset. They were previously wearing 225 on the front and 255 on the back.

The tyres I've fitted are Toyo T1-Rs, 215/40/17 on the front and 235/40/17 on the rear, which gives a nice tight but not overly stretched look. All have been balanced and have new valves installed, so they're ready to go.

Also included is a tube of Auto Glym polish for the lips and a full set of centre caps.

Here's some new pics:

I'm looking for £1300, or may consider a part ex for decent 18" wheels.

I'm currently out of the country so have left them with my family. Pickup is preferred from the Bolton area, or a courier can be arranged by the buyer.

[Edited on 13-03-2010 by CorsAsh]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » 17" Jap fitment 3 piece split rims 25 database queries in 0.0084050 seconds