corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza STI PPP help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Impreza STI PPP help
bubble

User status: Offline
13th Mar 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi folks, im selling my STI and im unsure wether it is a PPP version or not. It came with Prodrive wheels exhaust and gearknob, but i hear that there are differences from a regular STI and the PPP variant.

what do i need to look out for to know im selling it right? there came no ppp certificate with car, but it drives completely different from my friends' STI's?

cheers
allza

13th Mar 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically the ony other diferences are the map, fuel pump I think and possibly suspension. If you haven't got the certificate I woudn't bother selling as a ppp. Sound as if your is standard edition and someone has put some prodrive bits on. It wouldn't make any difference to me buyig the car but to some it may. You may be able to find out using the chassis no. as the whether or nt it had the ppp.
bubble

13th Mar 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by allza
Basically the ony other diferences are the map, fuel pump I think and possibly suspension. If you haven't got the certificate I woudn't bother selling as a ppp. Sound as if your is standard edition and someone has put some prodrive bits on. It wouldn't make any difference to me buyig the car but to some it may. You may be able to find out using the chassis no. as the whether or nt it had the ppp.

the power delivery is completely different to a regular sti, its like pin you back in your seat delivery.

the car came with the wheels and exhaust and gearknob as new, the pre delivery inspection has these listed as fitted.
22B

13th Mar 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like said above, a PPP STi will normally have certificate. The the PPP STi is 300 bhp, standard 265bhp both will pin you back in your seat , heck even the old Uk turbo would with 217bhp.

You must have some receipts to look through that would help confirm it, maybe some showing the aftermarket parts? cant imagine someone would have the PPP fitted and then change the exhaust, but you never know.
Marc

13th Mar 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check for the blue intercooler pipe, Prodrive branded exhaust and take a look at your ECU.
Eck
Premium Member

13th Mar 10 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
Like said above, a PPP STi will normally have certificate. The the PPP STi is 300 bhp, standard 265bhp both will pin you back in your seat , heck even the old Uk turbo would with 217bhp.

You must have some receipts to look through that would help confirm it, maybe some showing the aftermarket parts? cant imagine someone would have the PPP fitted and then change the exhaust, but you never know.

Power depends entirely on what model. But as said, if it doesn't have the certificate, don't sell it as a PPP model.
bubble

13th Mar 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are the bits that came on car

[Edited on 13-03-2010 by bubble]
22B

13th Mar 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by 22B

Power depends entirely on what model. But as said, if it doesn't have the certificate, don't sell it as a PPP model.

Should of explained it better, my bad , but as he said he had an STi I figured it wouldnt be brand new, as you would be doing well to lose the certificate, but around the 2002-2005 mark so 265 bhp standard and 300 bhp PPP. Although later STi PPP were 305 bhp, not too clued up on the new shape model STi's.
22B

13th Mar 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Check for the blue intercooler pipe, Prodrive branded exhaust and take a look at your ECU.

Couldnt you buy the Prodrive exhaust from the dealer, I remember looking at a WR sport back box in a Subaru dealer many years ago, with Prodrive branding on the exhaust.
bubble

13th Mar 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just dont wanna sell it as PPP if it isnt!

intercooler piping is red, and i dont know where ecu is to check.

alongside my mates sti, which is same year and shape, when we pull of together he pulls straight away but after that mine completely walks all over him. even suspension seems different but im unsure. driving his compared to mine is completely different, mine feels more planted and more like it wants to drive harder.
mattk

13th Mar 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell it as what you bought it as
allza

13th Mar 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its a normal sti with prodriive bits put on by the dealer. The prodrive exhaust will make your car quicker thsn your mates.My car has the red intercooler hose and isn't ppp. Without the cert its not worth any extra.
Marc

13th Mar 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could always email Prodrive.

I had them send a replacement certificate for mine as the previous owner kept it.
Wrighty

13th Mar 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look at the ecu in the passenger footwell, should say prodrive on it?
SetH

User status: Online
13th Mar 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PPP includes a Prodrive Sports Cat also.
CORSA NUT

13th Mar 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep just check you have the sports CAT...that and the fact it has all the other bits can pretty much prove it without a certificate IMO.The ECU 'Should' have a pink label on the front...easy enough to check.
bubble

14th Mar 10 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
PPP includes a Prodrive Sports Cat also.

it has this!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza STI PPP help 23 database queries in 0.1084609 seconds