corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audi A4 Quattro Sport - Protection Detail

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audi A4 Quattro Sport - Protection Detail
Rich H

User status: Offline
15th Mar 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd C&P this one across as there's been a few clean car threads recently

This is a mates car, he picked it up in September / October last year from Manchester. Another mate cleaned it up for him, stuck a coat of Collinite etc on it, and since then it's just been used, not touched at all

TBH it wasn't horrendous. Worst bit was the amount of tar on it - used about 1l of Tardis on it! Few poor resprayed areas too which I didn't know about - as this is the first time I've actually seen the car in daylight since he bought it

He wanted it cleaned up to get it looking more presentable again and for it to be a bit easier for him to maintain it in the future, so I decided to put it through a protection detail and interior valet.

No interior pics as the interior was actually pretty tidy, and my before pics of it were awful due to the sun :bang

First up, thorough pre rinse with AS Hazsafe to lower halves and rinsed off.

Next tyres and arches with G101 and a Vikan brush, wheels with VP Blue Gel (fronts needed AS Treble X in places as they were very stained) and various brushes. They've had a poor refurb in the past though unfortunately, so the inners didn't come up all that well. They were also visited later with Tardis to remove numerous tar spots. All rinsed off.

Bodywork washed via TBM, wash mitt and AS Autowash, misted with diluted AS Tango and dried off with RD Miracle Driers.

I then set about the laborious task of de tarring, which as I mentioned above was a bit of a task! Approx 1l of Tardis later it was looking a whole lot better.

Clay surprisingly wasn't necessary - the Collinite seemed to have done it's job and there was still signs of a small amount of beading during the wash stages - the paint still felt very smooth and a test panel removed very little.

Next up, full hand polish with AS Platinum, and topped with AS Wax. Wheels sealed with CG Jetseal, exhausts polished with fine wire wool and Britemax twins. Door shuts cleaned with AS Tango, windows with Nielsens Blue Window, Tyres dressed with VP Pro tyre dressing. I also gave the paintwork a final wipe down with AS Reglaze at the end.

With the exterior finished I tackled the interior;

Full hoover, mats shampooed with AS Brisk foam, leather cleaned with AS leather cleaner, conditioned with Gliptone. Plastics wiped down with AS Multifresh.

Some 4 hours later:

I know some of the pics aren't quite the same in before & afters, sorry, not bothered taking many pics for a while so a bit out of practise

Thanks for looking. Comments, questions, constructive criticism welcome as per usual

Cheers

Rich
Aleex

15th Mar 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like that a4 (:
JONTYGSI
Banned

15th Mar 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing special tbh
Leighton

15th Mar 10 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wana come do my A3
ed

15th Mar 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it had dark grey wheels on it
Jamescorsa97

15th Mar 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I thought it had dark grey wheels on it

haha same ehere mate.

Unreal how mucky they are!
Fad

15th Mar 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice Rich

[Edited on 15-03-2010 by Fad]
Rich H

15th Mar 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no just a few thousand miles of dirt on them - it got used a fair amount back when there was snow so it was quite built up with grime - hence the use of acid on them to get them remotely clean!
ed

15th Mar 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that Tardis stiff better than Auto Glym Tar Remover? I noticed a hell of a lot of tar on my car when I cleaned it at the weekend. The Auto Glym seemed to do the job, but needed to be worked it a bit. I was a bit worried about swirling up the paint...
Nic Barnes

15th Mar 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i envy the level of detail in your work.
connollygt30

15th Mar 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JONTYGSI
nothing special tbh

Another newbie arsehole eh?
Rich H

15th Mar 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ed - Million and one times better mate - I've tried most of them now and this by far the best one. Literally spray on a panel at a time, leave to work for 30 secs or so and it's dissolves the tar - you then just wipe it off with an old MF or blue roll.

Nic - Thanks mate, I remember the days of being "hamman" and being the bain of your life

[Edited on 15-03-2010 by Rich H]
ed

15th Mar 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've run out of wax and polish too, so I think I'll make an order from you in a few weeks time
Rich H

15th Mar 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I've run out of wax and polish too, so I think I'll make an order from you in a few weeks time

Okie dokie mate, I am not bothering to stock Dodo waxes any more as they have become a very slow seller for me due to the amount of people who are now resellers, but still have Collinite wax and will be getting the Autosmart wax (as used on this) in very soon
sand-eel

15th Mar 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got tardis, it is bloody good.
AndyKent

15th Mar 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem with my dodo wax is that it lasts so bloody long. I honestly don't think I'll use all of it for about 5 years

Audi looks awesome though
Scotty_B

15th Mar 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich is that the tyre paint you've used?
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Mar 10 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good and then some Rich

I think Andy's right about the Dodo, it lasts forever which is probably one contributor to sales dropping I gave my C a coat with a panel pot and it didn't even use that much of it.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
deano87

15th Mar 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent work as usual.

Tar spots on my car are horrendous. I'm waiting for the summer before I go proper mental on it.
SVM 286

15th Mar 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Ed - Million and one times better mate - I've tried most of them now and this by far the best one. Literally spray on a panel at a time, leave to work for 30 secs or so and it's dissolves the tar - you then just wipe it off with an old MF or blue roll.

Nic - Thanks mate, I remember the days of being "hamman" and being the bain of your life

[Edited on 15-03-2010 by Rich H]

Tardis is good stuff isn't Rich. I've been using it for years.

Not very good for humans though.
RS6

15th Mar 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rich that looks mint

can't wait to get you to de-swirl mine
Rich H

15th Mar 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all the comments guys I'll try not to post these too often as I know they can get boring for y'all, but thought this one had quite a good before and after to it

I can get in the 5L of Tardis for people, or supply 500ml bottles if anybody wants to give it a go - I'm going to be changing the sort of products I sell to the ones that are harder to get hold of etc

Scotty_B - It's a slightly different one that I've used, but gives the same finish

Dave - Maybe, but I also have a lot of people on here who ask me to suggest them a Dodo wax, then I never hear back as they then go and buy it from another online reseller. I don't have room of spare money to stock products that don't shift - I'm not changing my view on the Dodo products, I still love them, but having to get my business head on a bit more

James - Cheers mate - you know where I am when you want to get yours booked in
connollygt30

15th Mar 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich do you fancy a jont upto scotland? lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audi A4 Quattro Sport - Protection Detail 24 database queries in 0.3268189 seconds