corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MOT failure

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MOT failure
ENB

User status: Offline
16th Mar 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairly simple failures, but I'm wondering if anyone could offer advice on how much it's likely to cost to fix and whether it's plausible to do it myself (providing I can find the parts).

It's a Vauxhall Astra 1.4 LS, Y reg. It has failed on the Nearside coil spring and front brake pad.

Can anyone advise?
AlexW

16th Mar 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brake pads will be about £20, easy enough to do if you have a haynes manual. At a garage its about an hours labour.

Coil, bit more involved, will need compressors, problery best to pay the garage fee, remove the strut yourself though, again, haynes manual will help.

Joe

16th Mar 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its rear coil spring its easy, no need for spring compressor etc.

New Poll