corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » 28 Cables Later (Warning, may be boring)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 28 Cables Later (Warning, may be boring)
andy1868

User status: Offline
16th Mar 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, as alot of you will know i'm an IT technician, messing about in offices is mostly what i do but once in a while i get the chance to do abit of cabling. This particular job was in a particular favourite building of mine, which is a prominent hotel on the Promenade in Southport. The hotel however used to be 2 seperate hotels completely and therefore the basements never met, now that they've joined together cable/pipe routes were opened up in the form of this tunnel (as well as other smaller ones) The tunnel itself has been there for some time as you'll see from some of the stuff in the pics but the rooms on the far side have laid pretty much unmolested for much longer.

Don't get your hopes up as its not massivley exciting but i found it interesting so hopefully some of you lot might too

The easily accessible entrance

Looking into the abyss

Stuff down there

Looking right down the tunnel

Looking back the way i came

The entrance from the far side

Stuff in the tunnel. On another trip through the tunnel i also found old packets of woodbines, who knows how long they've been there for

In the basement of the second hotel (on the far side of the tunnel) was this little basement full of alsorts, there was the main bit where you could walk freely but also small tunnels leading off in all directions, if you had the guts you could probably roam under the entirity of the hotel

Through this hole

was this random room

more tunnels leading off

Other stuff in the far basement

most worryingly

the old stairway that must have lead down in the old days, now blocked off just round the corner from this photo

another entrance to the far basement further along

and of course, the reason i was there

[Edited on 16-03-2010 by andy1868]
Matt L

16th Mar 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks so cool would love to go on a mission around there not that i imagin you would find much of interest would still be interesting though.
AndyCorsaSport

16th Mar 10 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FUUUUUUCKKK THAT!!!! Ha, i would have been bricking it down there whats the thing you installed then? Wifi?
flybikeslee

16th Mar 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

underpants pic
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th Mar 10 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone got lucky in a basement

This pic came out really well mate - http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee58/andy1868/urbex2/tag.jpg everything about it is bang on.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
andy1868

17th Mar 10 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

andy, some of the cables pictured are for wifi (something we wired earlier this year) that was interesting too as i got to go fucking about on the fire escapes and the roof etc, places where the public don't normally see, which was nice.

i was also bricking it at one point through the tunnel as its about 2/3 foot at its thickest but at one point a heating pipe goes right across so you have to squeeze over it through a gap of about a foot. it was alittle claustrophobic tbh

lee/dave, its the pipe next to it that i'm worried about, where has that been?

thanks dave

[Edited on 17-03-2010 by andy1868]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Mar 10 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PANTS!!
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th Mar 10 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
lee/dave, its the pipe next to it that i'm worried about, where has that been?

thanks dave
I wouldn't like to comment on that

No probs mate

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
AndyCorsaSport

17th Mar 10 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pants dont look that dirty tbh, maybe not been there that long, or maybe they are yours and you got naked and did a wild partyboy dance down there
Graham88

18th Mar 10 at 04:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty cool, wish I could take my camera down to the tunnels with me at work, always seeing stuff that'd be good to snap.
3CorsaMeal

18th Mar 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
looks so cool

does it? does it really look cool?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » 28 Cables Later (Warning, may be boring) 25 database queries in 0.0179019 seconds