corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NEED HELP. REDTOP WONT START.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEED HELP. REDTOP WONT START.
c-benn-c

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need some help with my c20xe redtop engine as it will not start
it used to run perfectly fine with no problems at all but then i took it off the road and it hasnt been started for about 6 months now. iv now come back to bringing it back out and it will not start. seems to be over fueling for some reason? iv got a spark and also got fuel but still it wont fire. iv changed the coolent temp sensor just incase this was broke but its still the same any help would be great cheers.
barney1.6sport

23rd Mar 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmmm
battery got a good charge in it ? :S
c-benn-c

23rd Mar 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no batterys nakerd but i had it on jump leads to another car.
barney1.6sport

23rd Mar 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im no expert but id probz start off by chekin ur battery, give it a good charge n go from there.
c-benn-c

23rd Mar 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barney1.6sport
im no expert but id probz start off by chekin ur battery, give it a good charge n go from there.

getting a new one 2morrow mate if thers still no change then the only other thing a can think of is the afm is nakered or the lamba sensor :S
Vivasam

23rd Mar 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it you have sprayed all leads etc with wd40, as dampness can cause the spark to track all over the place, and car will not start.
Do the inside of the distributor as well, if the engine has one, as I am not too sure about that.
Failing that, it might well be the crank shaft sensor, because if this is on the blink, you can turn the engine over til doomsday, and it will never start.
Hope this helps.
c-benn-c

24th Mar 10 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Vivasam
I take it you have sprayed all leads etc with wd40, as dampness can cause the spark to track all over the place, and car will not start.
Do the inside of the distributor as well, if the engine has one, as I am not too sure about that.
Failing that, it might well be the crank shaft sensor, because if this is on the blink, you can turn the engine over til doomsday, and it will never start.
Hope this helps.

cheers mate and nope i havnt sprayed the leads etc with dw40 ill try this, but when u take a spark plug out and turn it over it sparks perfectly fine. i tryed a new battery before but still no start
redtom

25th Mar 10 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clean plugs up, check and clean all earths, charge battery, clean/wd40 and connections, start car, goto kfc.
PurpleDrumstick

25th Mar 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant guarentee your plugs are fine just by looking at them, try plugs, starrt off simple, try things like distributor cap, rotor arm etc etc for the price new for all the items that wear out its worth goin out, buyin em and bangin em on, no messin

[Edited on 25-03-2010 by PurpleDrumstick]

New Poll