corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike cleaning day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike cleaning day
Daimo B

User status: Offline
27th Mar 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After reading K3VMUs post the other day with his bike clean, I thought i'd give mine a bit of a summer going over, not as extreme as his though.

Basic cleaning kit, not got as much from the ol corsa days

Exhaust is stainless, its just surface dis-colouration. I'll have to get some stainless cleaner to get it off.

Cleaned

Brakes were not too bad, but need a new toothbrush to get between the calipers.

Change the standard Arrow exhaust I used for the trackdays, for my nice Benelli Arrow titanium rear can

Still got to clean underneath here, but its the only type of bike with the radiator under the seat unit.

Bodywork

Cleaned

Dials cleaned (no dirty pic)

Can't really see if, but general dust from being in the garage all winter without a dust off. Gave it a polish with Mequires applicator pad and polish.

One of the fans

All back together

I've also still got to clean behined the front wheel and radiator area under the seat unit, plus i've got to clean the chain and sprocket. Im sure i'll find a few more bits to cut my hands on cleaning. It had its MOT today and passed, but it needs two new tyres which i'll need to get fitted when its got its tax for the start of next month

I also need to replace the coil sticks as there is a bit of a design flaw with the drainage pipe from the top of the bike. It drops above the middle spark plug and destroys the rubber. £190 for a Benelli one, of £20 for 2 brand new Citroen ones off ebay which can be modified to fit easily . Got to add a drainage pipe to avoid this in the future.

I've got the upper carbon chaingaurd to fit, and just put a order for some carbon panels to cover the matt grey plastic area all over the fuel tank Dribbles...

Donna also got me a set of panniers for my birthday (or bike suitcases as she calls them women) that I tried on. Got to get a sleeping bag so sit in the middle but im happy with them.

[Edited on 27-03-2010 by VXR]
John G

27th Mar 10 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate you so much all because of this bike

so jelous
Graham88

28th Mar 10 at 04:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely mate

I like the dials!
Kano

28th Mar 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That chain cleaner that K3 was using is amazing. I bought a tin and did my chain yesterday, amazing how well it came up.

Do you cover it when your not using it? I get properly pissed off having to give mine a dust every week..
Graham88

28th Mar 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've just reminded me to order a can of that stuff

I have a cover for mine but cba to cover it up every time lol plus limited for space without a massive cover on it too
Daimo B

28th Mar 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just usually use a bit of wd40, and a rag to clean everything. Then give it a re-lube.

Got a material non waterproof cover, another rare bit i've got. There like £150 or something stupid. I've got a "motogp" waterproof bike cover too, but i generally leave that at work for the bandit.

Thing is with the nelli cover, its hard to get it over the mirrors, and as the mirrors are practically impossible to get, you have to be really carefull when taking it off. Feels nice though

Kano

28th Mar 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be taping up the back of the bike with that blue detailing tape when you have the panniers on. Could see them making a mess of the paint if you dont.
K3 VMU

28th Mar 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bike looking clean buddy, mine is ready and waiting

fly to singapore tomoro for a month plus !

yeah thats good stuff Kano
Ben G

28th Mar 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice bike, but you need new trainers.
deanmcreynolds26

28th Mar 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really good mate, would love to put something like that in a glass box as a show piece in the house lol

one day ill do something like that, althought it would have to be a pretty impressive bike... maybe a 996 or something
Daimo B

29th Mar 10 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheeky badger ben. They are my "cleaning" shoes. All gardening, bike cleaning/maintenance gets done in them. Hence why my right foot toes are black when I kick the chain to see how tight/loose it is (chain lube greese).

Wouldn't mind a box either, but i'd have to take it out for a ride once in a while. I couldn't box it forever

I couldn't be arsed to do the chain n sprocket yesterday. Done the plastics, bu cleaned the bandit instead, so thats a job for next time. Won't take me long as its fairly clean already.

Grrrr raining this week till weds at least. Bummy weather.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

29th Mar 10 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what kind of panniers are they?
mattk

29th Mar 10 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

epic bike
Daimo B

29th Mar 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oxford Teardrop panniers. Dunno what specific model (can find out) but about £100 or something.

If your after a good cheap set, look at the Oxford 1st Timer panniers from about £45 in Argo (cheapest place).
jimmy 2.1

29th Mar 10 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
Looks really good mate, would love to put something like that in a glass box as a show piece in the house lol

one day ill do something like that, althought it would have to be a pretty impressive bike... maybe a 996 or something

Some people on here may think your a pikey though

Mines back out of the kitchen now. Wish i hadn't bothered with the shit weather thats forecast for the next week!

[Edited on 29-03-2010 by jimmy 2.1]
Daimo B

29th Mar 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell me about it. I spent all weekend cleaning bikes, and this morning it was chucking it down.

Friends got a track day on his new track bike, which he's never ridden, on brand new un-scrubbed tyres, and it looks like its gonna be damp

Get back to finding roads in the South France, Italy, and Germany now
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 10 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does it do flat out with your head down
Daimo B

29th Mar 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

160+
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 10 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not bad, used to get 55 out of my old AR50 in 1997 with my head down and my face greased up

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike cleaning day 23 database queries in 0.0126309 seconds