corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » instrument cluster repair

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author instrument cluster repair
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hay all basicaly where my cars had so many different sets of dash lights its taken the copper completely off of one part of the circuit bord on the back. Now i was thinking oh just got to get a set of clocks and then change the speedo drive in it and sort out changing the milage to mine. Or is there a way to repair the circuitry?

Rich
Root

2nd Apr 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dunno if it's possible to repair the circuit board, but I know it'd be much easier and relatively cheap to get some clocks.
Richardhhha

2nd Apr 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i've put a bid on a set thats done 88k.. Will strip them and put my spedo in it.
Root

2nd Apr 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, that would be easiest. Replacing the clocks is a 5 minute job and I suspect they'd cost you no more than £10.

Just make sure to get the same as yours (130mph / 140mph. electrical / mechanical)
Richardhhha

2nd Apr 10 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they are 130 mechanical.. only the sport and gsi came with 140 clocks i thought
oceansoul

3rd Apr 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its just a bit of copper track that has come away from the board, you can bridge the break by soldering some wire from 2 bits of good copper either side of the break.

New Poll