corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I'm actually considering selling my scooby to get a motorbike

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I'm actually considering selling my scooby to get a motorbike
CorsAsh

User status: Offline
6th Apr 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's put that idea in your head?? Did you take your tin foil cap off?
Daimo B

7th Apr 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who said you can't use a bike in any weather, for anything.

Shopping, family days out, you name it, a bike can do it

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8eb_1270576550
corsa120

7th Apr 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bikes are not the be all and end all but even with a 300bhp car you cant escape the 40mph brigade...... on a bike you can hence you enjoy your journey much more.......

but my passion for bike and car is massive i say both is the way
DizzyRebel

7th Apr 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt do it, Id rather have a fast car than a fast bike any day of the week and ive had both.

Bikes are fun, but on todays roads with numerous hazards and speed traps fucking everywhere you are either going to have a bad crash or loose your licence if you actually ride your bike like it was intended to be ridden on the roads.

Best bet is to do your test, then buy a track bike. Track bikes are much more fun than roadbikes.
Daimo B

7th Apr 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's actually right.

Track only bikes are the way forwards to enjoy being able to use all the bikes power and braking abilities.
radicalry00

7th Apr 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
I wouldnt do it, Id rather have a fast car than a fast bike any day of the week and ive had both.

Bikes are fun, but on todays roads with numerous hazards and speed traps fucking everywhere you are either going to have a bad crash or loose your licence if you actually ride your bike like it was intended to be ridden on the roads.

Best bet is to do your test, then buy a track bike. Track bikes are much more fun than roadbikes.

Agreed. When I passed my test last year I was adamant that I would ride it in all weathers and love every minute of it. After experiencing riding in the pouring rain and icy conditions even with the correct gear it's not very nice at all. And, as you mention, there are so many hazards on the roads and you can't really use the power of a big bike. That's why I've ended up getting another car.

Plus I've learned, as a single bloke, bikes are no good for taking girls on dates, most do not like the idea of being taken out for a meal on the back of a bike .
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Food for thought there guys cheers.....

Goona just get my test etc out of the way for now and see where i go from there
mattk

7th Apr 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel

Thaaaaaaank you, Like I said, I love bikes, Ive been around them since I was a kid, but in our country with our weather and our relentless war on the motorist, its a bad idea

Id have one for work if I could though
Daimo B

8th Apr 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See days like yesterday do suck.

But then today its sunny, and it makes even throwing the bandit into a corner fun
DaveyLC

8th Apr 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took the bike to work today too.. Today is gonna be a GOOD day!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I'm actually considering selling my scooby to get a motorbike 23 database queries in 0.0121632 seconds