corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » R A C waste of time

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author R A C waste of time
davevans1234

User status: Offline
8th Apr 10 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mothers boyfriend broke down at seven o clock only now towed him home five hours lol
Eddx14xe

8th Apr 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my EGR valve got stuck open and car wouldn't start properly or drive.

I rang my insurance as have break down with them and the guy was there like 30minutes later to take me to a garage
davieslim

9th Apr 10 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive only recently stopped working for the rac and some of the things they do or should that be allow is sickening
markx14xe

9th Apr 10 at 03:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i apply for a job there
Graham88

9th Apr 10 at 04:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was recovered within 50 mins yesterday afternoon and that as with the guy having to go fetch a bike trailer, can't fault them. Haven't had the same experience everytime admittedly but I'm sure all companies are the same.
deano87

9th Apr 10 at 05:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AA have been spot on for me every time I've had to call them.
l15ter

9th Apr 10 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it just depends on how busy they are. they can not just leave everyone else stuck at the road side because davevans1234 mothers boyfriend broke down.
barter

9th Apr 10 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
i think it just depends on how busy they are. they can not just leave everyone else stuck at the road side because davevans1234 mothers boyfriend broke down.

oceansoul

9th Apr 10 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davevans1234
my mothers boyfriend broke down at seven o clock only now towed him home five hours lol

Depends where he broke down really though. Ive NEVER had a problem with RAC.
When i had my crash in the middle of no where on xmas eve once, they were there within an hour. As said, just depends whats avaliable and how high priority you are. (Ive been told by an RAC operator before to tell them that you are causing an obstruction to the road....that way they make you high priority )
Kano

9th Apr 10 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:

When i had my crash in the middle of no where on xmas eve once, they were there within an hour. As said, just depends whats avaliable and how high priority you are. (Ive been told by an RAC operator before to tell them that you are causing an obstruction to the road....that way they make you high priority )

Not true.. The only things that will make you a priority are being a woman alone with young children or if your in need of medication. If your causing an obstruction then the police should be there to move you or cover you.

oceansoul

9th Apr 10 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:

Not true.. The only things that will make you a priority are being a woman alone with young children or if your in need of medication. If your causing an obstruction then the police should be there to move you or cover you.

Well it is true because thats what happend, and yes the police did come. They then asked me if RAC were on way, then left. Nowt they could do.
Fro

9th Apr 10 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All depends how busy they are at the time and if anyone is in your area. I have had to wait a few hours once but was stuck with a couple of girls so was playing honk your horn with the lorries Other times they have got me within the hour. Had contractors instead of the AA a couple of times aswell.
l15ter

9th Apr 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Had contractors instead of the AA a couple of times aswell.

Thats the reason why i switched from AA to RAC
corsa120

9th Apr 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the rac had of arrived within 15 minutes you would have said they was the best recovery in the country..... swings and roundabouts
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Apr 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i put a con rod straight through my corsas engine block the rac were at my car 10 minutes from when i phoned them. was walking to the shop and got a call saying they were at my car

and another time they took no longer than 15 mins.... suppose its all pot luck really! i have waited 4 and a half hours with my mates car for the RAC to turn up!
Nic Barnes

9th Apr 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what it is. Now they have the vans with recovery dolly in the back its made recovery times a lot quicker as there are a lot more vans than low loaders on the road. I am with the aa most i ever waited for a low loader was 2 hours on side of motor way in scotland. I am greatet for the assistance etc so i didnt mind a small wait. How else would you get home?
mattk

9th Apr 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
AA have been spot on for me every time I've had to call them.
Nic Barnes

9th Apr 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suppose its like ringing a garage and want them to drop everything that is already booked in to sort out a wiper blade. Will get to you when they can.
Ben G

9th Apr 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
All depends how busy they are at the time and if anyone is in your area. I have had to wait a few hours once but was stuck with a couple of girls so was playing honk your horn with the lorries Other times they have got me within the hour. Had contractors instead of the AA a couple of times aswell.

i could've thought of better things to do whilst stuck with a couple of girls but hey, whatever floats your boat

when i've broke down (focus and fiesta), the AA have been there to sort me out within 30 minutes both times.

focus broke down on my driveway, electrical malfunction.

fiesta wouldn't start at a petrol station, something wrong with the battery.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » R A C waste of time 23 database queries in 0.1787250 seconds