corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Front Grill & Boot Lock

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Front Grill & Boot Lock
Cazy-Corsa

User status: Offline
26th Apr 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello everyone, just a quick one..

i am planning to spray my bootlock cypres green mica and the vauxhall badge on it black..
i am also going to do me standard vauxhall grill black..

just wondering what people think i should do regarding each, i.e primer, then paint etc, order wise?

more importantly the bootlock would i take the badge of then primer the bootlock then spray it green, then do the badge?

if so what would the best way be of putting the badge back on if a need to stick it back on?

any info/help would be much appreciated, thanks!

FAZ
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sand primer paint laquer

boot lock, pop badge out from behind, do the painting shizz on the bootlock surround and gthen reattach bootbadge, any platic > plastic glue will do, PVA even, but id recommend something stronger like epoxy resin maybe?
Cazy-Corsa

26th Apr 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers FAZ

in regards to the comment, would it make a diff if a sanded the grill because ave started primer on that but not sanded it ..

byt a did start sanding the bootloack, but just thought there would be a good way to do either or if the sandung is a defo will i be able to sand the primer off okay to start again if you like?

cheers..
DJMartin07

26th Apr 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also with sanding, don't use 180 grit or higher dry paper for the primer attachment dude, as any lower and it will put deep scratches in the plastic, and when you sand the primer, paint, and laquer. Use 1200 grit wet paper, as it's a fine grit, and will smooth the paint and not sand down beyond the paint, primer, etc. Also when the laquer is dry, takes about 1 week to fully cure if not done in a spray booth. Then use a G3, then G10 compound polish to give it the best shine.

Sorry for the essay dude, but hope it this will help. =]
Cazy-Corsa

26th Apr 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DJMartin07
Also with sanding, don't use 180 grit or higher dry paper for the primer attachment dude, as any lower and it will put deep scratches in the plastic, and when you sand the primer, paint, and laquer. Use 1200 grit wet paper, as it's a fine grit, and will smooth the paint and not sand down beyond the paint, primer, etc. Also when the laquer is dry, takes about 1 week to fully cure if not done in a spray booth. Then use a G3, then G10 compound polish to give it the best shine.

Sorry for the essay dude, but hope it this will help. =]

no bein funny, but is this in regards to the bootlock matey.

in the esaay is helping mate cheers =)
DJMartin07

26th Apr 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is in regards to the bootlock mate. Just trying to be of help, as i'm a qualified paint sprayer, and would like to see people end up with the best finishes. =]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Front Grill & Boot Lock 23 database queries in 0.1372380 seconds