corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Facebook account duplication

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Facebook account duplication
Daimo B

User status: Offline
29th Apr 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monring all.

theres a chap at work who's had his account cloned on Facebook. New account, same name, all his pictures etc. Obviously he's quite concerned, but facebook is about as helpfull as a chocolate teapot.

We've searched the help area nad found teh section about hacking accounts, but it doesn't actually help as its a duplicate account someones created.

How can he go about getting it shut down?

Taaaaa

(PS deffo not me, who the hell would want to copy my stuff )
Dan
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missus had this happen recently.

All we did was report the page using the link at bottom. Also got as many people we could to report it

Why do people do this??

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Neo

29th Apr 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its Social Engineering. If someone was to create an account exactly the same as yours and start adding all your friends, most wont even question it, one or 2 may.

The amount of information you can then gather is unreal, and people won't question you as you have loads of photo's of yourself and them, correct school info etc.

You can then go on their pages and find whether people have added their parents to it, grandparents (as mothers maiden name is usually a security question), pets names, dob, some people are stupid enough to name their banks in their status..

Dont need to be a genius to see where it goes from there.
Daimo B

29th Apr 10 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers boys.

He's only young bless him and got all worried the profile created tells his true life, and not the life you hide from your parents (we all have things our parents don't know ).

Weird thing was, its was using his photos, adding his friends, but used a different name, AND left a mobile on there.

A chick answered the phone

Poor little sod He was getting well paranoid
DaveyLC

29th Apr 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on.. Tell the truth! Its your profile isn't it? and someone has posted all about your homosexual conquests in graphic detail.
Fro

29th Apr 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Psycho ex?
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's J Silvas new identity
MJFF88

29th Apr 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did this once to see if my lass was lieing to me, turned out she was. This is the reason I don't add randomers and keep my privacy settings high
Daimo B

29th Apr 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not cool enough for someone to want to duplicate my profile.

We tried finding me (I tried finding him) so I could look at this profile. No matter how many times I typed in his name, (Or he typed in mine) we still could see each others profiles. Had to go to a mutual friend and add that way. FB is gay. I miss loads of friends updates.

I reckon like Fro suggested, someone who knows this lad has created a fake profile, putting an ex's number on there. He's gonna call her at lunch, see if he knows the voice.
Tom G

29th Apr 10 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
It's J Silvas new identity

Weird but it suggested friends j da silva mou... blah keeps coming upon mine
Fro

29th Apr 10 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be the nut nut that has set it up or summat, women can do some very strange things.
SR91

29th Apr 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened to my missus but it were a girl down in wales that did it, she used the dup' account to chat lads up (J da silva style) she met up with a lad and the next day she got murded in a hit and run, they managed to track the missus and she had to be questioned by police... LOL !
SR91

29th Apr 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She used her facebook pics/details on bebo though!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Facebook account duplication 24 database queries in 0.0108039 seconds