corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my babey just gone in for his mot. but when can i have it on the road?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my babey just gone in for his mot. but when can i have it on the road?
Aerox-lad

User status: Offline
29th Apr 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok guys. the corsa is just going in for the mot. if it passes when could i have it on the road by. it currently is SORN and i havent put a deposit on insurance yet (i want to wait to see how much it costs me to get it through the mot first ) so if it passes today i will pay for my isnurance deposit today.

Could i do my tax online allthough it is a sorn atm? i guess they check electronically to see if the vehicle has insurance and mot?

the only thing im worried about is that i'm not too sure where my sorn declaration form is. is there a code you need to use to tax it from a sorn? i have the v5 in hand....
ryzer

29th Apr 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wont be able to buy tax online before insurance is issued, you need the certificate to be able to do it in the post office so you wont be able to do it instantly im afraid, get it insured now and the docs will prob be with you by tuesday
Aerox-lad

29th Apr 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but i can tax it online like straight away though?
ed

29th Apr 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might be able to get the paperwork faxed over though...
djgritt
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aerox-lad
yeah but i can tax it online like straight away though?

The online Tax will check electronic records for insurance - afaik, it can take up to 24hrs for the Insurance Database to be updated, so you are likely to NOT be able to do it instantly after buying cover. With a couple of days is easily possible.

You should get the insurance ASAP, you don't need MOT/Tax to buy cover.

You can check when your car is on the insurance database on the AskMID website.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my babey just gone in for his mot. but when can i have it on the road? 23 database queries in 0.0100529 seconds