corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How can i stop this!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How can i stop this!?
JordyCarter

User status: Offline
28th Apr 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put my backbox on its a sportex 3" outward rolled tip. Anyway its the direct fit one etc etc. I put it on anyway and it was ok for a bit, it wasnt welded but i put it on tight with an exhaust bracket. All clicked up anyway. After a while it started to creak while idle and sits really low now. Can anyone suggest how i could raise it up so its not about 4 inch off the floor? i heard the smaller rubber mounts would help
JordyCarter

28th Apr 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any help?

this is it
am4nf

28th Apr 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cable ties
jamesy1990

28th Apr 10 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the same issue my friend with the same back box , i used peugeot 106 exhaust mounts as they are smaller , hope that helped matey
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has it got TWO hangers on the backbox as it looks like it only has one ....
the rubber looks to be to low, possibly bent the metal rod the rubber slots over?
(the one attached to the shell)

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
phil_fcuk

28th Apr 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to loosen the clamp holding the back box on, (without taking it off),jack up the middle section of the exhaust, then when it sits higher, tighten the 13mm nuts and it will sit higher pal.
Richardhhha

28th Apr 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adjusting the center section will help, but you should have 2 hangers as it will stop it being able to twist as much..
cookie-x14xe

29th Apr 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah that has 2 hangers exactly the same as my old one, i wasnt doin the clamps up tight enough is wat i found, sum new clamps and a little twist of the back box and she was sittin near perfect again.
Olsrey

29th Apr 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to raise it up, you can turn the rubbers on there sides and put the exhaust hangers through the two small holes.
N3CRO

29th Apr 10 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When mine sat that low, it was coz one of the hangers had come off the rubber mount. Maybe you should check that.
djgritt
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to loosen the backbox clamp, make sure the rubbers are on, then position the box correctly and tighten the clamp fully

I had to do this on my new system - I fitted the whole system, left the joints free, positioned it all and supported it on blocks/jacks and then did everythingup - sits perfectly now, and doesn't move even when the tailpipe is kicked.

arizona ste

30th Apr 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant b bothered reading it all so sorry if sum1s sed it but i think you need to loosen your back box and twist it so its level as it doesnt look it in the pics

New Poll