corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone know about Evo's n ting?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone know about Evo's n ting?
kz

User status: Offline
1st May 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to get him a good one so that he can sell it off cheaply to me one day
Ash_EP3

1st May 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him to get a mint type r
Ben G

1st May 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
if he has the money and wants to buy an evo for its looks then so be it? you said he likes the look of the evo so really why he would buy a cupra or a volvo saloon which look nothing like an evo is beyond me.

it says he secretly likes evo's.

i secretly like lamborghini gallardo's. i have a fetish for them. doesn't mean i can get one, hence why i'm driving about in a puma
kz

1st May 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but he can afford an Evo, can you afford a Lambo? He was pretty minted anyway, and the bastard's just inherited £20k [/jealous]
GTM

1st May 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
He's 24 & has dads telling him to get another corsa....wtf is he still in nappies??

He's 26 actually

By the way this guy is minted lol... so as far as costs involved, that factor shouldn't really be a problem.

If you think the power leap is too much what else do you think would make a good compromise for £8-12k? To be honest, he's not a fast driver, he's very sensible... wouldn't see him wrapping it round a tree, he's never so much has got a parking dent. I think he just likes the looks of the Evo tbh

I think there are alot of slower cars that look good for a if lot less money if hes not botherd about the speed.
Any chance you just want him to get one so you can go round in an evo?
Ben G

1st May 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Yeah but he can afford an Evo, can you afford a Lambo? He was pretty minted anyway, and the bastard's just inherited £20k [/jealous]

in theory yes.

bubblevaux said he could afford a lambo because he owns a house.

so, using that theory, i can indeed afford a lambo
kz

1st May 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GTM

Maybe...
corsa120

2nd May 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

instead of actually saying how much they cost to run does anybody ACTUALLY KNOW i mean list the figures,

service????
fuel econemy???
insurance on a 26 yera old with some ncb??????
insurance???????
blah blah blah

its like people say ohh do you know you have to change the oil every 4k WOW! i do it on my bike twice a year and the oil is 40quid cos its fully synthetic whats the deal????

people say they are heavy on fuel, lets face it as previuosly said i only get 200 miles from my astra gsi to 60 quid roughly, so in my opinion the evo must be better then my astra cos it pushing more power getting more bang for my buck

[Edited on 02-05-2010 by corsa120]
richc

2nd May 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
quote:
Originally posted by GTM

Maybe...

Was gonna say the same. I know this is very sterotype, but he sounds like he has more money that sense, and there has got to be something wrong if he is 26 and his dad tells him what to buy!

Take him in something like a Audi a3 tdi with s line kit, or a Golf gt tdi or something along the lines. Will still do same mpg as the corsa but alot quicker, spacious, roomier etc!
richc

2nd May 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
instead of actually saying how much they cost to run does anybody ACTUALLY KNOW i mean list the figures,

service????
fuel econemy???
insurance on a 26 yera old with some ncb??????
insurance???????
blah blah blah

its like people say ohh do you know you have to change the oil every 4k WOW! i do it on my bike twice a year and the oil is 40quid cos its fully synthetic whats the deal????

people say they are heavy on fuel, lets face it as previuosly said i only get 200 miles from my astra gsi to 60 quid roughly, so in my opinion the evo must be better then my astra cos it pushing more power getting more bang for my buck

[Edited on 02-05-2010 by corsa120]

WTF. People with evo;s have commented on how often they need servicing and MPG what more do you want?

Insurance is irrelivant. Its all down to the person, area, driving record so there isnt even any point listing.
corsa120

2nd May 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not saying they are not expensive im saying people seem to be guestimating numbers i.e they dont actually know so they say what they hear on the grape vine...... im just asking for true figures??

ducatti motobikes are expensive to run apparently and its such a big thing as everybody says the same about owning a ducatti as they do about an evo, so i looked into it and rang dealers for prices etc and it was not as bad as people made out.....

big eck

2nd May 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK i'll try and shed some light on the costs as much as possible as I have an Evo and its used as a daily.

Petrol can be horrendous but the wife can easily see 250+ miles out of a tank as she drives it normally, its now takes £50 to fill the tank which aint that bad as most turbo cars are like this.

Service/Parts are where the most money goes. Yes they need serviced every 4.5kmls but alot of people with turbo/high power N/A cars change the oil around this anyways. Its abit dearer on an evo as you need 4 kinds of oils, Diff/Transfer box/Gearbox/Engine. Only the engine oil needs changer regularly the rest is yearly. Most Evo owners buy the genuine/aftermarket parts for the services and go to there local/trusted independant garage to do the work and it works out £££££ cheaper plus the book is still stamped and you have all reciepts proving its good parts that were used.

Insurance no one can tell as its all down to personal circumstances.

The are expensive but not as expensive as most think.
connollygt30

2nd May 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An evo service book means nothing without the ralliart stamps

[Edited on 02-05-2010 by connollygt30]
Minty_Fresh

2nd May 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i have said on the first page my step dad is getting around 180-200miles to £60 (v power), not to bad but still not the best (obviously less if he uses his right foot a lot)

hes just had a service (just turned 12k miles on the clock) so was just the fluids and filters, that was £300 at rallliart as hes keeping it FDSH.. (at ralliart)

his bigger service (belts etc) is around £1,000, and the discs and pads are roughly going to cost £600 (brembos)

hes just priced up a tracker and thats going to be £600 fitted + £300 a year

high tax bracket

i doubt the insurance is going to be 'cheap' for most people

as people have said the jump to an evo just doesnt seem like the thing to do..

[Edited on 02-05-2010 by mk4_boy]
connollygt30

2nd May 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And no way would i let a local garage set up the YAW control etc after the service
corsa120

2nd May 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im more inclined to listen to big eck connally as he owns one mate
connollygt30

2nd May 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My best mate just got rid of his 8 which was 450 bhp so i know a bit about them...go on a evo forum and ask if you only want advice from evo owners!
Dione J

2nd May 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
a seat leon cupra r would be a good compromise.

still pretty quick for normal people yet doesn't warrant the high running costs of the evo.

This
big eck

2nd May 10 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by connollygt30
An evo service book means nothing without the ralliart stamps

[Edited on 02-05-2010 by connollygt30]

Sorry pal but thats bull, go onto MLR there is a big thread about it and most of the big bhp evo owners dont use the dealers as they dont trust them and are very overpriced.

The garage I go to is an independant and I have trusted them with every car I've had as I know the guy that owns the place and he's the only one that works on my car and knows his stuff and proven so over the years i've used him. Wouldnt go anywhere else tbh.

Not all Evos are in the high tax bracket btw, mine isnt
connollygt30

3rd May 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the boys i know through my mate who are all die hard evo boys they all wouldnt go anywhere else but a ralliart approved garage,its not down to these other owners not trusting dealers its purely down to the pounds and pence as these guys arent ralliart approved for nothing,the tests and work thats needed to get ralliart approved is mental,not to mention the cost of the course...suppose like everything there is the cheap route and expensive route
bubble

3rd May 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by kz

in theory yes.

bubblevaux said he could afford a lambo because he owns a house.

so, using that theory, i can indeed afford a lambo

update ben!!

if i sell my house (300k), my 306 (500quid) the van (3k) and the classic volvo (£15kish) i could now get 2!! and sleep in a box lol!!

in all seriousness, if he isnt bothered about cars, tell him to get a nice audi diesel or summat
DAZ1985

3rd May 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as a rough guide

http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_runningcostcalculator.php

Ralliart stamps dont make no odds, thier is more than enough independant people that know these cars inside out

i use CPP as its only 5mins from home

cant really compare to an astra though.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone know about Evo's n ting? 23 database queries in 0.0795391 seconds