corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Transferring bike NCB onto car policy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Transferring bike NCB onto car policy
DANKZii

User status: Offline
3rd May 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just wondering if anyone knew which insurance companies allowed you to do this?
Cheers
xa0s
Banned

4th May 10 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Careful when doing this. My friend had 2 years bike NCB and used Tesco (I think) to transfer them to his new car policy which they accepted fine. He stayed with them for 2 years (now with 4 years NCB) and decided to go somewhere else as they were cheaper. He cancelled with Tesco's and took out a policy but then they questioned how he had 4 years NCB at 20 years when he had only had his licence for 2 years... When he explained they cancelled the policy and refused to take him and since then he's been unable to get insured. No-one accepts the 4 year NCB's so he had to just take 2 year NCB and pay nearly £500 more...

Not sure if it's worth it as he lost his bike NCB too.
Daimo B

4th May 10 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, in 10 years i've never heard of anyone transferring their bike NCB to car, or vice versa. I've tried it many times years back and was told they are seperate and cannot be swapped.

Cars are car policies, bikes are bike policies.
xa0s
Banned

4th May 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
tbh, in 10 years i've never heard of anyone transferring their bike NCB to car, or vice versa. I've tried it many times years back and was told they are seperate and cannot be swapped.

Cars are car policies, bikes are bike policies.

It's possible, I've seen a lot of people do it but one didn't end great. It's risk free if he isn't going to get a new bike in the next couple of years though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Transferring bike NCB onto car policy 23 database queries in 0.0082679 seconds