corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rangers F.C

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rangers F.C
Hammer

User status: Offline
27th Apr 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Step number one - Tax Dodging
Edd

27th Apr 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 in a row

no matter how hard you pray to the priest Rangers will be fine
Hammer

27th Apr 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How gutted will you be when the Queen's eleven are fucked over by her majestys revenue and customs
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Apr 10 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nae dough
2 in a row
corsa - gus

28th Apr 10 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I'm late, heres my two cents. I don't think there is any chance Rangers will be shut down. Now Lyon are out of the CL and we are automatically in the group stages we have a good cash windfall for next season.

What I do see happening is that we won't invest in the team heavily again this season, menaning we get pumped in every CL game again And I also think we may struggle in the league next season, as we are pretty much destined to lose two centre halfs, Bougy will go for decent money and Davie Weir has to go. And if we have no money for investment in the squad we will be struggling. However if we keep hold of the main back bone of the squad and keep plodding away we may just be ok.

In real terms its only 15/20 years since Celtic were a matter of hours from being closed down and since then have turned out to be reasonably(that hurt) successful. So if it means a few barron years to keep Rangers in existence then I can handle that.

As for the Old Firm at Parkhead, I reckon Rangers will struggle to motivate themselves, because lets be honest theres nothing to play for for us now
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gus

we have webster who is on good form at the moment and wilson who is awesome

dont worry too much about the defence its midfield and strikers we need
corsa_godfather

28th Apr 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Due to the tax dodging at Ibrox,most of the referees in the SPL will be without pay this month
corsa - gus

29th Apr 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh aye, I forgot about Webster. He'll break one of his jelly legs again likely though No matter what happens we are going to have a very limited squad. As for midfield I think we will be fine. Thomson, Edu, Davis, Beasley (if we renew his deal and he regains form), Novo (again if we renew his deal), Lafferty if he keeps playing half decent, and young players like Fleck. Up front I'm pretty resigned to losing Boyd. but, Miller as much as I hate the cunt, Naismith and Andy Little who seems to be alright from what I've seen should do us ok.

If I had my way I would sell McGregor and instill Alexander as our number one to raise some cash. All these ideas work wonders on Footie Manager 2010
Jamie

29th Apr 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rate Alexander more than Shagger
Jamie

29th Apr 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copy Pasta

quote:
The overly long wait is now drawing to an end.

By lunchtime tomorrow, the MIH & huns accounts should be issued and I'm clearing my desk to pour over them.

I'm hoping the new "independent" auditors, (and not the Grant Thornton c/o David Murrays lower colon), are able to untangle the web of deciept and dodgy accountancy practices that have been prevalent with MIH over at least the last 10 years or so.

What I want from the accounts is to know for sure what the huns current debt is. That is the answer that will put all the speculation to bed. It'll be there in black and white, and be credible for the 1st time in a decade.

It could be £30M, £50M or upwards of £80M depending on how Lloyds wish to spread the burden of debt that MIH has at its core.

No one can really guess how Lloyds will re-apportion the big holes from inter company lending, share issues, the over estimation of assets and property, and the feasibility of the core businesses going forward.

As I said, 18 months or so ago, something has to give. I stick by my assertions that some companies within the MIH "empire" will be asset stripped and liquidated. Others will be asset stripped and managed until such times as they can be sold, the rest will be put up for sale as profitiable businesses.

My prediction is

* PSG Property will be sold, or all Murray's properties aquired at a knock down price and an outstanding amount of debt still retained.

* Metals - underperforming even during boom years, and struggling big style now. Could be sold and or asset stripped. Doesn't look like an ongoing profitable business. Low cost / high volumes and competing with Far east is killing it.

* The huns : - The HMRC investigation, has killed dead any remote chance of a sale. The huns will be asset stripped over the next few years, and should their profitability fall further ( thus not paying interest) then they will be put in admin. This will depend on attendances, which are linked to performance on the park.

Not interested in the other Murray companies as they are small beer compared to above 3.

Every one of the 3 above is teetering on the brink. Lloyds have a duty to its shareholders and the taxpayers that bailed them out, to extract every single penny in debt owed by the above. All eyes are on Lloyds, so I think they'll play it right down the middle. There will be no "gentlemens agreements" now. Those days are finished.

My prediction is that the huns will stay afloat, with a considerable debt, and hopefully be financially hamstrung for a decade.

Admin for them would be a godsend, but with assets still within the club, that's not gonna happen until they are stripped bare.

Those assets will start to be recovered in the summer transfer window.
corsa - gus

29th Apr 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have said it before on here, I genuinely rate Alexander as a better keeper, and he is far more professional.

As for your above post, like I said earlier in the thread I fully expect Rangers to stay in business and the financial repercussions will mean chances off success are going to be limited. However as I said, as long as Rangers are still operating I will be able to stomach the fact we will have to endure a barron period.

Mind you, look at Fiorentina, 10 years ago that club was totally shut down and they have been competing in the top European competitions again over the last three seasons. As long as the fan base remains there will be funds available to re-instate Rangers Football Club. And for me all I care about is the club, success is great but is not the be all and end all.
Edd

29th Apr 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie
Copy Pasta

quote:
The overly long wait is now drawing to an end.

By lunchtime tomorrow bla bla blah

yours

some deluded tim who thinks he has a clue what he's talking about

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th May 10 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
I have said it before on here, I genuinely rate Alexander as a better keeper, and he is far more professional.

As for your above post, like I said earlier in the thread I fully expect Rangers to stay in business and the financial repercussions will mean chances off success are going to be limited. However as I said, as long as Rangers are still operating I will be able to stomach the fact we will have to endure a barron period.

Mind you, look at Fiorentina, 10 years ago that club was totally shut down and they have been competing in the top European competitions again over the last three seasons. As long as the fan base remains there will be funds available to re-instate Rangers Football Club. And for me all I care about is the club, success is great but is not the be all and end all.

im sorry did you see tonights game?

tonights game shows exactly why mcgreggor is number 1

alexander isnt as good at shot stopping
his kicking is poor
he doesnt command his box
and is scared of nailing a forward so he can get the ball
corsa - gus

5th May 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My post was made a week before tonights game

The first goal was a deflected free kick that no goal keeper in the world would have saved, and fair point with the second because I feel Alexander could have done better with it. As for the rest of what you have said, it is a load of balls. Alexanders kicking is no worse than McGregors, as for the last time McGregor nailed an advancing forward... fuck knows because I certainly can't remember it. And lets be honest, Alexander came on after a few minutes of an Old Firm game with hardly any game time under his belt he could hardly be expected to be on top form!

My main reason for saying I would Happily sell him is that Rangers fans seem to think we could get £6-7 million for him. I would happily flog him for that and instill Alexander as number one. Alexander is no worse than McGregor and is far more professional.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th May 10 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every goal kick nearly went out for a shy, and when you watch alexander go for a cross in a crowded box you'll see what i mean

mcgregor will go through people neil wont

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rangers F.C 24 database queries in 0.0108039 seconds