corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cutting springs ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cutting springs ?
edd1.0

User status: Offline
9th May 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello
i know this topic will probably cause alot of shit and make me look stupid but i am a mechanic

i just want to know if anyone has cut rear springs on a corsa and bent it back to a pig tail ?

ive read that cutting springs its safe aslong as its been done correctly

theres a guy on here selling custom springs at a good price but he doesnt seem to be replying

my budget is low and even if i get coilovers the rears will only sit at 60
fillmecca

9th May 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh dear pllz really!!

NNOOO i beg of you dnt i did this on mine as a temp thing for 2weeks and it was fucking shit!!! made car jump all over the road and lot.

save fore the proba thing
johnny86
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is cutting springs tha tbad then as i am in the same boat and was considering it
tomo2k9

9th May 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got cut springs on my car atm nd its not that bad tbh bit bouncy but thats what happens, when its all done im buying new proper springs lol
fillmecca

9th May 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
is cutting springs tha tbad then as i am in the same boat and was considering it

its not even safe to do as springs dnt sit right!!

altho i made 1 spring cut in harf to make 2 lol
edd1.0

9th May 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can sit rite if u bend em back cant they ? , and i wouldnt of thought teh ride would be harder then on custom springs as they only have a few coils

i didnt post this to look like a idiot just to see if someone has done it
ive got 60mm atm and it needs to sit lower , 80 or 90 , so nothing crazy plus my cars only a 1.0 so nothing quick
Ryan_G1

9th May 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you heat it up you are taking the strenth out of the spring.
fillmecca

9th May 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by edd1.0
they can sit rite if u bend em back cant they ? , and i wouldnt of thought teh ride would be harder then on custom springs as they only have a few coils

i didnt post this to look like a idiot just to see if someone has done it
ive got 60mm atm and it needs to sit lower , 80 or 90 , so nothing crazy plus my cars only a 1.0 so nothing quick

thats the thing to go 80 or 90mm you need to do what i did and cut 1 spring in harf!!! and theres no way you bend it unless you heat it up but that will only make it britel and wnt to snap...not good lol its really not worth it mate

ino your not trying to make your self look daft but i have bin there and done that its really not a good idear
johnny86
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it then it is definatly a no no i am doing a euro corsa and the only person on here to do 110 rear and 100 front is never online
fillmecca

9th May 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
take it then it is definatly a no no i am doing a euro corsa and the only person on here to do 110 rear and 100 front is never online

as a long term thing no it really isent a good thing to be doing and tbh i dnt thing it will pass a MOT on them!

this is a place online that dose custom springs!! called coilspring.co.uk/.com I THINK
johnny86
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fillmecca
quote:

as a long term thing no it really isent a good thing to be doing and tbh i dnt thing it will pass a MOT on them!

this is a place online that dose custom springs!! called coilspring.co.uk/.com I THINK

thanks mate do you know how expensive they are as on a budget
edd1.0

9th May 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh okk cheers its cleared the promblem up

ive got the same promblem as johnny86 i will give him a few days to reply then i will get on the case of custom springs

cheers for ure help
sri_baby

9th May 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont cut spring ul neva get them even and with the heat of cuttin them i fucks them i dont no how they get away with on these american shows u c it all the time and the ride must b awful
johnny86
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck edd

New Poll