corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » warning light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author warning light
lemon191

User status: Offline
11th May 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a v reg gls 12v corsa and the orange warning light just to the right of the fuel gauge has come on a couple of times and stayed on for a few mins after start up once it went off after 1min so didnt think anything of it but tonight it came on again and stayed on for a few mins as i was driving through town so i decided to restart the engine and after the restart it went off straight away like it normaly would, am i right in thinking its the engine management light ? if so what could be causing this to happen ? and is it serious?

cheers
lemon

[Edited on 11-05-2010 by lemon191]
nathy_87

12th May 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it the picture of an engine? If so yes its the (EML) EngineManagement Light, anyhting could be causing for this to come on tbh lemon. Try and find someone witha diagnostics machine most garages have them. Not that dangerous tbh, my EML has been on for over 4months and I'm still driving my car with it on.
lemon191

12th May 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for reply i know it could be anything but i thought what with the light not staying on for longer than 2 mins wether thsi would give a clue to it nothing feels wrong or different in anyway while driving however i have noticed on a cold start up after the cars sat for a long while the light doenst come on however if i stop and get back in the car within a few mins it comes on but i will be booking it in soon for a pre mot check as its due soon and my dad knows the ggarage owner well so dont have to pay for labour just the parts so alot cheaper

New Poll