corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe power, project?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe power, project?
Miaouss

User status: Offline
13th May 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have recently been looking into getting a new car, ive had corsa's before which were to say fun but not enough power, moved onto saxo's where its just a go-kart compared to the corsa, then moved on, but im missing the hot hatches.

Was planning on doing a build to turbo another saxo which would be a long project, but now im thinking i want to come back to the corsa scene but i want to build a car thats in the 1600 class but im looking at the spec of "Brosters" corsa and thinking its identicle to what id like to see out of my own project.

Ive been reasearching sbd and a few other places for starting equipment, this is a long term project (about 6 months - 1 year) and im just looking for power and performance from the engine, saftey devices etc arent a concern as a rear cage will be enough for the types of places ill be going (Crail, knockhill etc) and the local scene to show off a clean example.

But im finding it hard to source places where i can get performance parts for the x16xe engine, could some of you link me?

Thank you p.s first post newbie.
tomt08

13th May 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://billfalconer.webs.com/ welcome mate and i hope thats of some help for you
Miaouss

13th May 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a huge help, would i be right in assuming for best exhaust id be best off with a BTB? as on most hot hatches thats normally where the best gains are to be had

Jenko_Sport

14th May 10 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kind of budget have you got for the build?
philip2

14th May 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could suggest a few places 4 parts, specs etc, but whats budget?, main use?, what sorta revs u wna be seeing?

Drop u2u if wana chat.
Miaouss

14th May 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 6month - 1 year project, just want to reach a target spec for a 1.6 n/a, in other words mostly every penny will be spend getting it there, so budget isnt a problem as its not a quick build of 3 months or so.
Linch

14th May 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to SBD, Also David is a person to talk to. And my self philip and of course Mark Broster.
corsagsigav

14th May 10 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy brosters engine look herehttp://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=557267&page=2
Miaouss

15th May 10 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent got that much money to buy an engine straight out, hence why its a slow project, one of my cars are going next week to "we buy anycar" for quick buck to get this project rolling, taking the milltek, 4-2-1, suspension, cams etc all out and putting it back standard selling car, and parts to make back what i payed for the car, and then im starting the project.

Have been looking on SBD and they seem to have a wide veriety of parts and products to get to the spec i want.
philip2

15th May 10 at 03:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont rush into buying from sbd matey. Wil get ur u2u in morn. Not had chance yet.
Linch

15th May 10 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thus why I said speak to SBD, They are still helpful on the phone regarding stuff. But as philip says dont rush into buying from them.
philip2

15th May 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replied to u2u matey.

as said sbd is good for info, but im abit sceptical about power claims are a touch higher.
Miaouss

15th May 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Phillip, The information you have given me is a lot of help, i shall let you know next week how sourcing is going allong

philip2

15th May 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let me know what spec ur going 4, b interesting to see
broster
Premium Member

22nd May 10 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just buy my engine, job done!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe power, project? 23 database queries in 0.1878390 seconds