corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Setting up coilovers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Setting up coilovers
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
24th May 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can any of you reccomend somewhere to have coilovers set up? i put a set of AP coilovers on my B, but need them set up properly, as when i turn right, it begins to turn, then halfway just goes straight!?!? its rather dangerous and needs sorting lol. I live hertfordshire/london if anyone does have any ideas?

( or if anyone has had this problem and there is an easy way of sorting it) i phoned R Tec in St albans and they quoted me £205.... that surely cant be right?

thanks
Ryan

[Edited on 24-05-2010 by Drift_Erm]
scottyp1989

24th May 10 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure they are tightend up properly and everything? mine did this when i let a mate finish putting my coilovers on and i never checked them assuming he had tighted them properly and he had'nt
mike56gte

24th May 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats nothing to do with them needing set up. you have a serios problem somewhere. who put them on?
Drift_Erm

24th May 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could it be the top bolt?? becuase i tightened the ones where the shock joins the brakes etc! you go round a bend, then you turn the wheel that little bit too far, and it will just go straight, and roundabouts, it screeches like a bitch when your going like 20mph lol
Drift_Erm

24th May 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate and his dad put them on, they are mechanics but i dont think they regularly put coilovers on!
Drift_Erm

24th May 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry im useless, i forgot to add, its only turning right thats a problem. going left, it handles like its on rails....going right is like ice lol! it also makes a knocking noise turning right
mike56gte

24th May 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm.. its a bit wierd that its fine going one way. if there mechanics it should be done right if a maechanic cant fit a set of coilovers theres something wrong. have you got them to have a good look over it again?
AK

24th May 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it to a local garage and ask them to sort out the alignment/toe and check your suspension.

Drift_Erm

24th May 10 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, they are currently extending the garage from 1 ramp to 3, so its going to be a week or two, i will tighten bits up again and have a look this evening, if not i'll have to put the spax back on the front for the time being. i didnt think they would have to be set up properly as such as surely it could be done by myself using measurements?
Aleex

24th May 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have had your tracking, alignment done etc haven't you? and probably nothing to do with the problem but are they camber adjustable?
Rob B

24th May 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
thats nothing to do with them needing set up. you have a serios problem somewhere. who put them on?

Ofcourse it is, the toe could be so ridiculously out that one wheel is pointing one way and one the other.

Get an alignment done.
Deano_19

24th May 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same problem mate ...take it to R - TEC in st albans they can do a 4 wheel aligment and adjust the camber as well .... they did it on mine and its so much better now .. dont think its that exspensive either ...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Setting up coilovers 23 database queries in 0.0110919 seconds