corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » !!! WONKY ENGINE !!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author !!! WONKY ENGINE !!
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
26th May 10 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at my engine, it very slightly drops on the passenger side. Overall that side of the engine is probably about 15mm - 20 mm that the other.

This is why I believe the car has been running horribly and rough. When changing gear it feels awful and jolty, nothing about it feels smooth anymore, is just fairly horrific.

Now what has happened, because the engine is wonky, is that because the engine is slanting down towards to gearbox, its putting pressure on the driveshaft, its put so much pressure on it, that It has pulled the CV Joint away (all the bearing in the rubber sleeve thing on the driveshaft fell out) and now I don’t know what to do now.

Would this be because my mounts are damaged or broken? I thought they only fitted one way, and couldn’t be adjusted etc?

Has anyone had problems like this, if so, how did you over come it???

CHEERS

Ryan
Ellis

26th May 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post pictures of the gearbox mount, didn't think there was enough play in the mount to allow it to drop that much but you never know.
Robo C20Let

26th May 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the mount have bust or worse the metal the mount attaches to

New Poll