corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 106 gti knock when braking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 gti knock when braking
Slammed_Corsa

User status: Offline
   26th May 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i first hit the brakes in my gti i get a single knock.

When i got me droplinks done a few weeks back i was told that there was some play in my drivers top mount which is on the side where the knock has started coming from.

Is this what will be causing it?

Had the car jacked up and checked bolts and for play in bottom ball joints and track rod ends and cannot find any play in them.
alexroberts_12

26th May 10 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds about right, probably get the same single knock when you accellerate hard too, worth getting done if theres play anyway, shouldnt cost too much
DAZ1985

27th May 10 at 05:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally found that the wishbone bolts had come loose under the carpet in the foot wells when getting that noise. iirc thier 18mm long reach ideally

New Poll