corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Compression

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Compression
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th May 10 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need some help to convert psi preassure into xx:1 compression..

in my manual it says :

what would be stadard compression ratio would be then?
ed

28th May 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't calculate the compression ratio from that data. The compression ratio is a calculation of the volume of the cylinder when the piston is at bottom dead centre in comparison to when it's at top dead centre. The data ought to be in the manual, what engine is it?
daymoon
Premium Member

28th May 10 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

G13K is the engine code.

looked through manual and cant find compression ratio, and everywhere on forums poeple go on about compression with vitara low comp pistons grrr
ed

28th May 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wikipedia says 8.3:1 to 9.8:1.
daymoon
Premium Member

28th May 10 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's actually 10:1 as i just read on forums...

there were 8v models, with lower compression...
ed

28th May 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 8.3:1 would be the lower power version with a carb and the 9.8:1 would be the higher power fuel injected version, I'd say.
daymoon
Premium Member

28th May 10 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that makes sense..

trying to find some pistons for my engine and struggling big time either low compression like 8.0:1 or high like 11,5:1...
ed

28th May 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd probably have to go down the route of getting the high compression pistons and modifying them or having some custom ones made.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Compression 23 database queries in 0.0112922 seconds