corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » petrol

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author petrol
Ian W

User status: Offline
27th May 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GF-91
Is it worth me saying?

Do you have one other than saying we shoudn't moan about petrol prices?
sc0ott

27th May 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

petrol is the same price for every car but some cars use more of it than others. why should someone have to sell it to buy a cheaper car and the money left over to pay for petrol, lol.
sc0ott

27th May 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bus passes are a rip off as well. train passes are the worst
GF-91
Banned

27th May 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
petrol is the same price for every car but some cars use more of it than others. why should someone have to sell it to buy a cheaper car and the money left over to pay for petrol, lol.

I know petrol is the same price for every car.
What I am saying is that if you were that bothered you wouldn't pay for it. You'd manage without it if you gave that much of a shit about it.
Ian W

27th May 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I could get the 35 miles to work where there is no public transport that takes less than 3 hours I would love it.

I hate driving to work and I hate how much of my salary goes on fuel but there is literally no choice other than look for a new job which i'm not prepared to do.

Your arguments not holding up mate

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by Ian W]
Graham88

27th May 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm not seeing the argument here either, would you like a spade for the hole you're digging?
pow
Premium Member

27th May 10 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll echo Ian here, no way I could do my 20 miles in sub 1 hour without my car, and we are supporting the economy with our jobs. At the moment Gary your not paying anything back into this country. So yes, I need fuel, I couldn't live without for now...
GF-91
Banned

27th May 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'll echo Ian here, no way I could do my 20 miles in sub 1 hour without my car, and we are supporting the economy with our jobs. At the moment Gary your not paying anything back into this country. So yes, I need fuel, I couldn't live without for now...

The fuck would you know about where my money goes?
16vKarlos

27th May 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PUBLIC TRANSPORT FOR ME

Weekly bus tickets for my area.

Partner and I - £9.50 x2 = £19 - 2 X Kids: 2 x £7.50 = £15 - Overall for the week = £34 - Year = £1768

Family Train tickets to london (24 trips a year (Family)) = £30 (Minimum ammount) x 12 = £720

Taxi's to the Rural place's that busses dont go - Unable to Quote - in Excess of £200 a year

Hope i havn't missed anything

MINIMUM Total so far - £2688

RUNNING MY CAR

Fuel = Week = £20 - Year = 1040
Years Tax £215
Insurance Per year - £460
M.O.T. - £19
Stamped Service every Year - £146

Total - £1880

This total DOES NOT include the price of the car.
As this is a one off payment I have divided what i have paid for my car by how long i have owned it for.
As my car was a straight swap a year ago the price did not rise. therefore i have owned it for 3 years (PLEASE SAY IF YOU DONT FOLLOW)

so what i bought my first car for - £2200 then divide that by 3 for how many years i have owned the car. plus the following year (which is the year you are budgeting for) = 4 years

I make it - £550

Total outgoings on a car per year for me is...... £ 2430

Sorry for the long story but for those of you that say public transport is cheaper.. G|o fuck yourselfs JOKING
Andrew

27th May 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No matter what happens a lot of us have to pay the price of fuel to work. I cannot ever see fuel becoming so expensive people cannot afford it. Still, i'll run what ever vehicle is practicle and as cheap as possible to run.
sc0ott

28th May 10 at 05:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

The fuck would you know about where my money goes?

do you have a job?
sc0ott

28th May 10 at 06:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

What I am saying is that if you were that bothered you wouldn't pay for it. You'd manage without it if you gave that much of a shit about it.

but when your in the job you want and in this economy then most people dont have the choice as some of us have monthly bills. if i cared so much about petrol even though its a rip off then i wouldnt upgrade from a 1.0 corsa to a clio 182 to do 70 miles a day (95% motorway miles).

[Edited on 28-05-2010 by sc0ott]
John

28th May 10 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point of if you want petrol you shouldn't moan is an idiotic point.

I want to pay as little as I have to for everything, just because I can pay for more expensive petrol doesn't mean I want to/should have to.
djgritt
Premium Member

28th May 10 at 06:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm bothered by the price, but I still pay it.

I wouldn't manage without it atall - i need to get to work, and my work is across the whole country. Good luck trying to use public transport for it - its cheaper to buy the bloody fuel!

Nic Barnes

28th May 10 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

36 miles to quarter of a tank. 2 days work and back costs me probably over a ten spot. I could get the bus if i wanted to. I would rather have a direct expensive drive.
A2H GO

28th May 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The point of if you want petrol you shouldn't moan is an idiotic point.

I want to pay as little as I have to for everything, just because I can pay for more expensive petrol doesn't mean I want to/should have to.

I was thinking exactly the same, all these people on the 'dont like it dont buy it' sound like MP's
Nic Barnes

28th May 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah? But what else are you going to do about it?
A2H GO

28th May 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
yeah? But what else are you going to do about it?

Bugger all, don't mean we can't voice an opinion and moan about it.

Just because there is nothing that can be done, doesn't mean we can't be against it.

Ingham
Banned

28th May 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

113.9 at my ASDA should be cheaper at Kitchens though..
Tom

28th May 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just swapped the bus for a car, it's costing me more and probably only saving me about an hour a day but my god it's worth it!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » petrol 23 database queries in 0.0187960 seconds