corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20XE DVLA / Insurance declaration

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE DVLA / Insurance declaration
RhysCorsa

User status: Offline
1st Jun 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm aware that this topic has probably been covered many-a-time but was just after some advice quite specifically.

I'm thinking of getting a XE corsa soon and recently read a comment from someone who had one saying that he had declared it as a 2ltr to the insurance company but had yet to confirm with the DVLA, is this illegal?

And also how would you go about declaring to the DVLA as I see many about that are not declared, is it a long winded process? full of complication?

Any help would be appreciated
Ian W

1st Jun 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enter new engine details on the logbook and send it off.

That easy.
RhysCorsa

1st Jun 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read about things such as engineers reports being required. Is this always the case? Can it be declared without sending one off?

[Edited on 01-06-2010 by RhysCorsa]
Jack1.6valver

1st Jun 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the same boat,was going to get an engineers report but some people say they didnt need it! And contacting the dvla is bullshit,its all recorded answer services,does my head in!
Ste L

1st Jun 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just send it off, they'll write back asking for an engineer's report if they want one - hit and miss really..

sometimes they want it, and sometimes they dont
McWillster

2nd Jun 10 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in the middle of registering mine right now. I made up a fake letter using a garages name that had went into liquidation as not many garages wanted to help out due to them thinking i wanted them to accept liabilty for work done.

My fake letter didn't go very far as there was information missing off it apparently and it took me 8 weeks to get in touch with the person who was dealing with my case (8 weeks of speaking to DVLA customer service retards). When i got in touch with the woman who was dealing with my change of details she sent out a letter with everything i needed and how to go about registering it.

-Basically if your a member of the AA or RAC then they can look at it for you and confirm the change has taken place and they will produce you a headed letter to send away with you V5

or the other easiest way they said i could do on the letter was

-Get an independant garge (just your local garage or any one for that matter) to verify the changes.

So yeah, if you can get a ligit headed letter from a garage to verif the changes on the V5 i.e engine number and CC then you'll sorted.

Hope this helps.

[Edited on 02-06-2010 by McWillster]
Nic Barnes

2nd Jun 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sent mine off 5 times before it came back with the correct details which was about 3 months after the first time i sent it. Quite annoying for such a simple change to make on their system.
paddy_b

2nd Jun 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sent my log book away thn, came back asking for engineers report or sumthing similar, so went to my mates garage and he filled it all out and cam back no problems
AlexW

2nd Jun 10 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was reading on the DVLA website the other day, and also somewhere else i cant remember.

DVLA will now always ask for a Engineers report.

Good on you for actually bothering to declare it though.
RhysCorsa

2nd Jun 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the responses. Seems as though it may be best to sort a letter from a garage out initially rather than wasting time if I weren't to send one and they ask. Now just to find a 2ltr corsa for me
Chadicles

3rd Jun 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh insurance is the main thing! if you get caught without it being insured your fucked! but thats hardly likely! you can say your just in the process of sending the v5 off to declair and may get away with it! a kid bought one around here and got dobed in having a 2itre not registered and insured as a 1.2 and got away with it as he said he just bought it and never got told about the conversion.... but then the twat got caught driving it again 2 weeks later and got fucked! black listed the car you see!
random dav
Premium Member

3rd Jun 10 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The missus sent her log book off and they returned it saying they need a letter or similar on headed paper from a garage just saying it's now a 2.0, sent it off a bit ago and but hasn't been returned yet.

WRLFC !

Project cars

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20XE DVLA / Insurance declaration 24 database queries in 0.1228461 seconds